Chapter 16

"Um yeah, I didn't stutter did I?" Ashley replied

Brody didn't answer at first, he just looked at her with an expression that was both disbelieving and observant before a playful grin tugged on his lips and he began to laugh loudly at Ashley's confused face.

"I don't understand what's so funny?" Ashley whispered. Brody continued laughing, he did so for a long while.

"You're going to attract attention if you continue laughing out loud like that." Ashley whispered. "So please shh."

He wiped an imaginary tear from his eye. "YOU want to fight Tucker?" He said with amusement.

"If I can yeah." Ashley said

"You'll fail." Brody said seriously.

"So encouraging of you to say that." Ashley said

"Well you could always go and try your luck, your untimely death is not my problem." Brody replied.

"Has anyone ever told you you're so nice?" Ashley said, her voice dripping with fake kindness and sarcasm.

"No, truth be told people tell me I'm really wicked." He replied with an evil grin. "I wouldn't blame them though. They're not wrong."

"How long are you going to stay here?" Ashley asked out of the blue.

"I don't know. I think I'm done with school for the day."

"I need to get back to class." Ashley said to herself.

"It's too late for you now. Just wait for the next bell, It'll go off in ten minutes."

"Okay," Ashley breathed trying to clam her self. "Okay, so I just skipped class." She said to herself.

"Yeah, It's not the end of the world." He replied casually.

"And inhaled smoke indirectly." Ashley continued and didn't forget to glare at Brody.

"I'm not apologising." He chuckled

"Also got chased by a band on angry men."

"Men is stretching it don't you think?" He grinned. "Well you can say Tucker is a man anyway. I swear that guy is over twenty."

"No way." Ashley said.

"Yeah, he kept on repeating years. His so called friends graduate and he's left alone to continue failing again. He doesn't even try anymore."

"Aw, that's no good."

"Yeah, whatever."

"Actually I don't even know why I'm in trouble." Ashley started. "You're the one that broke his nose. I didn't even touch him."

"Maybe because you can't." Brody replied "You're the one that started the fight, and he can't fight me so he'd direct his anger on you."

"I had to stand up for my friend."

"And now you're living like a fugitive."

"So if you were in the same situation you wouldn't?"

"I would, because worst come, I can fight him off. I can't say the same for you." He replied coolly.

"That's so rude." Ashley replied feeling angry.

"It's the truth." He replied. "You weren't prepared. If I didn't intervene, Tucker would have killed you."

"I didn't ask you to though."

"Please, stop acting all tough when you know you can't do shit to him. Get your head out of the clouds."