Chapter 11

"Bye kid." Teddy said to Ashley before she left to go to class.

As he watched her leave, the thought dawned on him much more properly. How DID he get home yesterday night? He tried thinking as hard as he could, but nothing came up. It's possible that he might have been drunk. Before he left the drive way, he received a message notification.

It was Tiffany. Teddy was so happy that his phone almost dropped out of his grip out of excitement. He hoped it would be good news.

Tiffany my heart: Hey Teddy

Teddy: Hey Tiff, what's been going on with you? Are things alright?

Tiffany my heart: I think so.

Teddy: You think so? That means there's something you don't want to tell me.

Tiffany my heart: No it's not that...

Teddy: It's what then.

Tiffany my heart: Do you love me?

Teddy: Of course I do. Without a doubt. why the sudden question?

Tiffany my heart: That girl you were talking about. The one that said I'm pretty. What's her name.

Teddy: Leilani. Where is this going to please?

Tiffany my heart: You know what has happened in the past, and now you're in a completely different place from me. How do you expect me to feel?

Teddy: That's why it's the past Tiffany. I wouldn't do that to you.

Tiffany my heart: You said that last time.

Teddy: But that wasn't my fault. I keep on trying to explain to you that I had nothing to do with that last time.

Tiffany my heart: I guess. Bye Teddy.

Teddy: Hey, wait don't just leave me like that. Please

She went offline. Teddy sent more texts to her so that she would see when she'd come online. He called her but she kept on declining his calls. What's got her all upset like this suddenly? Tiffany knew that Teddy would never hurt her so where did all these emotions come from?

A dejected Teddy drove away from Willow park high to wherever the wheels took him. He needed a drive to clear his head.

*******************

Visual art was one of the remembered periods of the day. And who taught it? Mr. Winters the homeroom teacher. Ashley was the first person to get into class. He was setting up painting materials, it looked like he was almost done. He was bent over getting some brushes from the lower compartment of a wardrobe of art supplies.

"Hey could you help me put these brushes on the easels?" Mr. Winters said, handing the jar of brushes to Ashley while he got some other stuff from the wardrobe before standing up properly.

"Um..sure." She replied, collecting the jar and moving round to place the brushes.

"Oh I've seen you before." Mr. Winters said, recognizing Ashley immediately.

"Well yeah, I'm a student at this school."

"But you're not a regular old one. You're new." He corrected.

"I am." Ashley replied.

"Ashley right?" Mr. Winters said

"Yeah, how come you know my name?"

"I'm also the guidance councillor. I'm meant to know." He replied, rolling up his sleeves and taking off his brown sweater vest to leave him in a slightly unbuttoned shirt. "When you're done putting the brushes round, take a seat. Others will come in shortly. Thank you for the assistance."