Chapter 15

"Oh I think I must have made a mistake." Lester said and turned his face from a calm looking Brody to an angry looking Zel. "I'm very sorry. I- It won't repeat itself again."

Brody placed his hand on Lester's shoulder. "You think that just saying sorry is going to fix what you've done?" He whispered with an evil grin plastered on his face. "You mess with my friend and you're dead meat."

"I-I'm sorry Brody, I wasn't thinking." Lester whimpered, looking left and right for his friends who he didn't notice had disappeared as soon as Brody called him out.

"Like hell you weren't." He breathed angrily.

"Please, please." He was visibly shaking now.

"You know I don't know when to stop. Maybe I can just break one of your fingers." He suggested.

"No, N-Noo." He blubbered loudly.

"Dude are you crying?" He asked icily

"No, no I'm not." He sniffled.

"You're so stupid you know that? Zel isn't even your mate or your friend to begin with."

"I'm very very sorry." He begged. Zel on the other hand who was back to reading his book was smiling slightly.

"Now where are your friends huh?" Brody asked

"They're not here. They left me." He replied, dejected.

"Because they are wiser than you." He stated. "I know you're a sophomore."

"Yes I am." He replied in a small tone

So he wasn't even in senior year. He had some guts to walk up to Zel and talk trash to him.

"You know under different circumstances, Zel would have beat you up real bad right?" Brody said

"Yes he would have."

"Good you know that. If you dare get on my nerves or Zel's again you're dead, courtesy of me." He ended, allowing Lester to run away from the library as fast as he could.

"Common Zel, let's go." He said before Zel stood up to leave with Brody. Leaving everyone in shock.

Lenny was the first to start talking once the pair left.

"Lester is such an idiot." She giggled.

"To be honest." Ashley replied. "So he wasn't even in our year and he was speaking to me like I was his annoying little sister."

"I know right?" She replied. "I knew that I hadn't seen that boy in our year before."

"Yeah, he's so silly." Ashley said. "Why did you look at me like I was doing something wrong when I was looking out for Zel." She asked suddenly

"Because, I don't want you getting into fights."

"With Lester?"

"Never underestimate a person's strength." She stated.

"You sure that's the only reason?"

"Yeah." She replied.

"Why did Tucker come to meet you before when I was with you?" Ashley asked

"I've got to go Ashley. See you soon." She said simply and left Ashley sitting alone in the library. Break time wasn't even over yet. She would get into trouble.

That was weird. Ashley hoped that she had not said anything to offend Lenny. She really liked her company. Some time later, the break period was over. When Ashley got into history, Zel was sitting at the far end of the room with no one on his row. What a sign, Zel was in Ashley's history class too. She sat beside him at the back.