8

My head was pounding. My chest hurt and my muscles where screaming. I had ran my hardest and I had exhausted myself. Anna walked into the living room. I was on the couch I tried to say something but my mouth was to dry. And I could barely lift my head.

Anna sat down in front of me with a bowl of warm water and a white rag.

Anna lowered her head and whispered "mom w..what happened?" I closed my eyes. Something warm dripped down my face. Anna had put the warm rag on my forehead. I felt a tear go down my face. I was so lucky to have her. I could be dead if not for her. We stayed in the living room for hours. Anna made me some tea. I tried to sit up but I could barely even lift my hand. Of course Anna had to help me sit up. As Anna pit the teacup to my mouth the smell of lavender filled my nose. Lavender had a very calming aroma. My body became less tense as the warm bitter liquid poured down my throat. I was able to speak again although I was still very quiet. "Anna h..he w..was going to propose..." Anna stopped drinking her tea. Her eyes flooded with shock then a wave of sadness flooded her blue eyes. She put down her cup and sighed  "tomorrow night Mr.Calwick will be out of town" Anna paused and looked towards the fireplace. The fire illuminated the living room, shadows danced around the room sending shivers down my spine. Finally Anna spoke "his grandma will be alone" I knew what she was getting at so I nodded. "Good tomorrow night then." My voice sounded meek and small but I was serious and Anna knew that. "Well him im going to take a bath" Anna helped me up and walked me up the stairs. When we got to the bathroom Anna drew me a bath she added lavender and some oils. "These will help your sore muscles" Anna said.  Anna left the bathroom shutting the door leaving me alone.

The hot water felt amazing after the day I had. My muscles relaxed. Only my head could be seen. I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. I had a nice bathroom, wood floor,white walls,green plants, and a huge barrel bathtub.

 I had a nice bathroom, wood floor,white walls,green plants, and a huge barrel bathtub

(Something like this but round)

I submerged my head under the water. I used to do this when I was stressed. Alastor. All my memories of him came flooding back. The time we had first met. All the times he had helped us bury a body. When I helped him cook. The beautiful scene in the woods. His dark brown eyes. His charming smile. I didn't realize I was suffocating until I snapped out of my thoughts. I pulled my head out of the water gasping for air. Tears ran down my face, while my body was trembling violently. I sat in the bath for a few minutes trying to calm down. The smell of lavender was still wafting through the air. After I had calmed down I got out of the bath and started to dry off. I felt a shiver run down my spine. I heard a deep chuckle from behind me. I turned around as swiftly as I could almost dropping my towel.