Part five

I walk out of Buck's party and head over to the DX. I walk in to see Sodapop and Steve talking I can hear them talking, "man, I want this to be the perfect date."

"Soda, I think she likes you," Steve replies.

"Yea but, I've only thought of her since she left," he replies.

"Soda, give her some space to move in, flirt with her then ask, I'm sure she'll say yes," Steve replies.

"Fine but, I am asking her to stay at my house, she's carrying five bags everywhere she goes, I can't stand to see her homeless," Soda cries.

I strut into the DX, "hey Soda! Hi Steve."

"I can tell who you're excited to see," Steve replies.

"Yea," I blush.

"Well we should probably head out," Soda announces.

"Ok, see ya Steve," I reply.

The walk to the DX was pretty boring it was awkward and silent we stood shoulder to shoulder not speaking a single word. Once we arrive we still sit not saying a word until the waitress comes and starts flirting with Sodapop."Can you stop flirting with boyfriend and start doing your job?" I ask rudely but, I was annoyed.

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes.

"Gee thanks again," he replies in awe.

"No problem," I smile weakly.

"So, I was wondering if you had a place to stay?" Soda asks.

I look over to the sea of bags as I replied, "not really."

"Well you can stay with me," he smiles.

"Ok, we can try that," I smile weakly as I remember Dallas before we split.

***FLASHBACK***

"GET OVER HERE SARAH BETH WINSTON!" My dad yells across the house.

"Dally, I'm scared," I sob into his.

"Just go, it won't be that bad, I promise," he swears.

I slowly step out of my room to my dad sobbing, "WHY ARE YOU CRYING?" He yells seeing my tears.

"Because I'm scared," I cry.

"Well Winsons don't cry," he scolds as he beats me.

As he finished Dallas takes my hand and we run out of the house, I woke up the next morning and he was gone. I waited for a week for him to come back but, he never came. I was homeless at three.

***FLASHBACK OVER***

We walk back to the DX in comfortable silence. When I get there I see Dallas with tears in his eyes holding a picture."Sarah!" He yells running over to hug me.

"What's your major meltdown?" I ask a sad looking Dallas.

"I just uh found a picture" I look down at the picture of him and I laughing on the swings, then the next of me crying I'm in a Dallas hug, then the next one I have a huge bruise on my cheek, I stop looking from there feeling tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Dallas, I can't believe you've kept those," I mumble in utter shock.

"That night, I yelled because, I left you at three to protect you, I was going on the run and I didn't want you to get hurt, I wanted you to get away from New York and everything in it," he informs me.

I look at him with hurt in my eyes as I yell, "WELL WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT I NEED! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T PROTECT ME, YOU TORE ME DOWN AND BROKE ME! DON'T YOU SEE HOW BROKEN I AM!I WAS THREE, AND ALL I KNEW WAS THAT MY BROTHER JUST LEFT ME WITH NOTHING! YOU KNOW WHAT DALLAS YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHAT I'VE BEEN THROUGH, WHAT I'VE SEEN. YOUR LITTLE PLAN DIDN'T WORK, I WAS ON THE STREETS ON NEW YORK UNTIL I WAS FIVE, THEN I LEFT FOR FLORIDA AND FOUND A HOME THAT DOESN'T EVEN WANT ME AT TEN. YEP THAT'S RIGHT ASSHOLE NOTHING YOU DID TO PROTECT ME WORKED, I'M A BROKEN FIFTEEN YEAR OLD WITH A TERRIBLE PAST AND NO FAMILY BECAUSE YOU SURE AS HELL AREN'T MY BROTHER!"

"Sarah, please give me a chance, I love you Sarah," he replies holding back tears.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes.

"Sarah, I love you please stay here, give me a chance and, I'll give you one," he sighs.

"You'll give me one, what the hell Dallas, You really have no idea who I am because, you wouldn't of said a chance, that's what everybody says before leaving," I yell as I storm off to god knows where.