Part 11

I catch the train to California, with nobody in my life and nothing in my future. I ride on the train until I hear that we're at California, great back to living on the streets and this time I'm not going back to Tulsa. I got some money and I can find a place to put my stuff, I hope.

Well, I'm the beach I should have fun! I run down the beach until I hit the water. I jump into the freezing water and start body boarding. I catch a wave that pulls me back to land. I love California!

As the sun seats, everything gets put perspective as I have to sleep on the cold streets of California with nothing in my near future. I shiver in the cold air of California until I fall asleep with tears rolling down my cheeks.

***ONE MONTH LATER***

I'm cold, weak and weight very little, I might go back to Tulsa just face my problems I mean I really miss Dally and the rest of the gang minus Sodapop. That's what I'm going to do, face my problems, well not face the, but not run. I can't run anymore, I look like death. Yea, I'm going back to Tulsa, the question is how. I don't have money. I guess, I'll have to work, I mean I did walk from New York to Florida without dying.

***FOUR MONTHS LATER***

I walk a little bit further to see a sign that reads, "Welcome To Tulsa!" I'm home! Now it's time to find the DX. I look at the sky and see what time it is. Steve and the the other one won't be working this late. I just ignore it and continue to walk until I see the Curtis house. I walk up the stairs with my now light brown hair (Picture on the side outfit too), I sit there leaning against the door sobbing slightly as it opens. "Oh, I'm so sorry but, who are you?" I look up to see a confused Pony holding out his hand.

I gladly take his hand and exclaim, "oh Pony I've missed you!"

"I'm sorry but, I don't know you," he says as he drops me.

"Pony, I need help," I plead.

"Are you a soc or something," he asks me but then sees my clothing, "never mind."

"Can, I come inside please?" I ask him.

"Oh, ok," he says shyly.

"Please remember who I am, I can't tell you just yet," I reply not wanting Sodapop to take advantage of my health.

"I'm sorry I just don't," he says looking at my broken eyes.

"It's ok, I guess," I say shedding a tear but, quickly wipe it away reminding myself Winstons don't cry.

"Don't cry, I'll remember you eventually," he says helping me inside. I look at the familiar faces of the gang, Dally's tuff smirk, Johnny's lost puppy dog eyes, Darry's protective look, Pony's nose stuck in a book, Two's reckless grin, Steve chocolate covered face, Sodapop's happy grin, then I see Sandy sitting on Soda's lap. When I see Sodapop and Sandy I can't help but, burst into tears. "What's wrong broad?" Dally asks my tear stained face.

"Nothing, I just have nothing and seeing ya'll so close like that girl and that guy together just makes me wish I had stuff," I lie.

"Who are you?" Sodapop asks.

"I'm Bells, Bells Young, I'm from California," I reply looking at Dally with pleading eyes hoping he remembers me.

"Bells, do you have a place to say?" Darry asks me.

"Not really, I also haven't eaten in about four months," I tell them.

"That's when we started to date," Sandy purrs at Sodapop and I immediately feel tears sting in my eyes.

"You can stay with us, become apart of the gang, and stay in Soda's and Pony's room," Darry offers.

"That works," I sniffle.

"I'm going to walk you upstairs, show you your room," Sodapop offers shrugging Sandy off of him.

We walk upstairs slowly him holding me in his arms, I look into the eyes I once love then look at my now brown hair. He knew me when my hair was red, when I was healthy and when I was happy. We walk into the room that we slept in the first night we started to date, the memories of him and I together send shivers down my back. I sit on the bed with the guy I once loved. I look into his eyes and he stares into mine, I lay back on the bed still in my dress but, I kicked off my boots he lays next to me in his boxers only. "I hope you don't mind," he says referring to his attire.

"I uh gotta use the restroom," I reply standing up and going to the restroom without anybody telling me where it is.

As I walk back through the door I hear Sodapop say, "Bell?"

"Yea," I mumble.

"How do you know where the bathroom is?" He asks seeing I am now changed in green sweats and a black tank top.

"I just figured it out," I reply with a smile.

"Ok, let's go to sleep," he says. I lay down next to the man I was once in love with. When I lay down he wraps his arms around my waist but, I slid out of it. "Sorry," he says.

"It's not a problem I just don't like to be touched," I reply as I slid onto the other side of the bed and fall fast asleep.