Chapter 2 - Work

Rahul was typing the last things into his computer. He had finished his work for the day and couldn't be happier that it was finally 5pm. End of his working day. As an accountant he was very busy at work. But he has been doing his job for quite some time now, so he was good at what he was doing. He also had his own office which came in handy, considering he was very introverted. Rahul couldn't have imagined a better working place. He doesn't need to interact with a lot of people, which he appreciated. He shut down his computer and went to grab his coat.

"Hey man, do you want to join us? We're going to have a few drinks." One of his coworkers asked him. But Rahul kindly rejected the offer. He didn't feel like going to a bar, getting drunk, meeting a nice lady only for it to turn out to a fling. He had reached a point in his life where looked for something serious. Besides that he didn't really become friends with his coworkers, so it would be very awkward for him. Rahul took his briefcase and left the company. He made his way to his car and directly drove home. Once arrived he went to take a shower. After his shower Rahul went to the kitchen to prepare dinner. It was only him and his pet cat. Sometimes it would get lonely, but he didn't mind it much. Rahul poured some cat food into his cat's bowl.
"There you go buddy, enjoy."
Rahul washed his hands and started making some pasta.

He had some minutes to spare before the water would boil, so he decided to scroll through some of his social media. Although Rahul wasn't the type to socialise he was still very up to date. While scrolling he got a message from his best friend.

"So have you met anybody yet?"

                    "What are you referring to?"

"You haven't tried it out have you?"

                                             "Honestly, no."

"Dude come on, what are you waiting for? You can't stay single for the rest of your life can you?"

Rahul didn't answer. He focused back on cooking. He knew Saif was right. Rahul certainly didn't want to stay alone forever, but he was just waiting for ms. Perfect. If she even existed somewhere out there. Eventually he finished making his dinner and ate it. After he had eaten his dinner he went and cleaned the dishes. Rahul sat back and relaxed. He pet his cat Bobby and thought for a while. Rahul took his phone and opened the tinder app. He didn't know how his friend lured him into this nonsense, but somehow he did. Rahul had made a profile two days ago, but hadn't explored the app any further since. He saw a variety of women, but no one that caught his eyes. Until a beautiful hazel eyed beauty smiled at him from the screen. Rahul found her very attractive. Riya was her name. She seemed like a down to earth girl. Someone he would like to get to know better. He was very nervous to swipe right, but something about her awakened his interest. It was like her eyes had put him under a spell. After the little conflict with himself he swiped right. It's a match appeared on his screen.

"It's a match Bobby! That's a good thing isn't it?" He said to his cat. Rahul couldn't believe how silly he was behaving. Practically like a little school girl. He calmed down and realised he had the option to chat to her. He was afraid of doing the first move, because he had never done anything like this before. He gathered all his courage and  attempted texting her.

"Hello, I'm Rahul, I believe we have matched." He immediately deleted that. That sounded to firm. As if he was trying to close a business deal with her. A pickup line was way out of his comfort zone, so that wasn't an option either. As he was struggling to form a proper sentence to approach her, she had already messaged him. Which Rahul of course didn't realise.