Chapter 22 - it's a...

"Are you ready we have to go!" Rahul said impatient.

"Yes I'm ready let's go, what's the hurry?" Riya said while walking down. She quickly grabbed her bag and they headed to Rahul's car.

"I'm sorry, it's just I'm nervous for the appointment." Riya gave him a confident smile.

"Don't be, all will be well I'm sure."
They drove to the hospital for their appointment. Once arrived they walked into the waiting room and sat down. They waited for their turn.

"So any preferences?" Riya asked him curiously.

"Not really, just like you said as long as the baby is healthy everything is perfect!" He gave her a warm smile. Riya felt all warm inside out off a sudden. She was glad to be going through this with Rahul. He was so caring and loving. After a while their name was finally called. A bit later it was time to find out the baby's gender.

"Would you like to know what gender the baby has?" The doctor asked.
Riya looked at Rahul and he nodded.

"Yes we would love to."

"Well if you look at the screen you can see a healthy baby girl. Congratulations."
Riya smiled wide. A little baby girl. She was going to be a mommy to a little princess. Rahul couldn't stop smirking. He was happy and excited to hear he was going to have a little girl. And a healthy one on top. He couldn't be happier. Eventually their appointment was finished and they head back to the car.

"Can you believe we're going to have a little girl?" Riya said excited.
Rahul enjoyed seeing her so excited. That way she looked like a little child herself.

"No I can't believe that. I'm so happy we're going to have a healthy girl."

"Neither can I!"

"Some awesome news we got today!"

"I agree!"
Rahul started the engine and began driving. He drove towards the Hartsdale area. Once arrived he asked Riya for further information.

"So where do we exactly have to go?"

"What do you mean?"

"To visit your mother."

"Oh I remember.." she took a deep breath before continuing. "You have to take a turn right and then we should be there in about five minutes."

"But that's the cemetery." He said confused.

"Just drive..."
He finally caught on to what she meant. Rahul felt sad. Had her mother possibly passed on? He felt bad for her. Kind of helpless. He didn't know how to handle the situation, how to help her without doing any mistake. He sighed and continued to drive. Once arrived at the cemetery Riya lead him to her mother's grave.

"Here we are.. at my mother's grave.." she said sadly.

"Riya I'm sorry.. I didn't know.."

"It's alright, I mean how could you have known.." Riya said and kneeled down.

"Hi maa, I came to visit you today.. I miss you so much you have no idea.."
Rahul carefully watched her as she spoke.

"I have so much to tell you, but I'm not alone, I brought someone along, maa meet Rahul." Riya looked at him sadly and stood up. Rahul kneeled down at her mother's grave. He couldn't imagine how painful it was for Riya not having her mother around anymore. Especially with the whole pregnancy going on.

"Hello ma'am, I'm Rahul. Not to mistake with your handsome future son in law. We came here today because we have some news for you. You're going to be a grandmother to a little girl." Now Riya inspected him carefully as he spoke. Rahul spoke so gently and caring to her mother. Riya felt something she had never felt before. She felt wonderful, it was truly sweet of him to talk so sweetly like that and not thinking that she's a maniac talking to her mother's grave.

"That's true maa, I'm pregnant, I wish you were here too meet my little girl.. "
Rahul stood up and embraced her. He held her tight and rubbed her back.
They were there for a little while, but once it started to get a little dark they head back.

"Thank you Rahul, for everything."

"Don't thank me Riya. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you, just remember please, you're not alone in this one."

"I'm not going to lie, it's hard sometimes, thank you regardless. I appreciate your help and everything." Riya had never opened up about her mother like this to anyone else before. She had begun to soften around him, which was not necessarily a bad sign. He just had a great impact on her. Maybe she was wrong with everything she thought of him.