#10 Pipsqueak Partner [REQUEST]

Prompt Used: 4) "Stop making me feel short!" + original quote {NOTE FOR REQUESTER: I actually altered the quote provided because it fit into place better, I apologise if this wasn't quite what you wanted but I enjoyed making this one x}

Connor x Android!reader

Written in: 3rd person - for once, wow.

KEY: (Y/M/N) = Your Model Number {I thought the idea was so smart so I borrowed it and adapted it a little. Your model number I'll set as your initials and the last number of your age, then add 00 onto that. Example mine would be: BC400}

It was a common stereotype that those in short stature were either on the scale of very timid or really feisty. (Y/N) was a curious character, teetering on the edge of both. A good assumption of why may be the influence of her allocated partner, Gavin Reed. She was assigned to him almost two weeks earlier, Reed's reluctance and complaints hadn't changed Captain Fowler's decision. He was obliged to cooperate with another prototype detective, one introduced as the (Y/M/N). This pairing caused an extra spike in Gavin's already negative view towards androids. In addition, he had become more disgruntled than usual and voiced his offensive opinions more often than not. That was mainly sent in the general direction of his assistant, (Y/N) or the other android detective, Connor.

Unlike Reed, the RK800 had taken quite a liking to his fellow android co-worker, soundlessly admiring her design every time they interacted. She might be small in size but it came with perks that Connor's model didn't have. Connor was approximately six foot tall, not small enough to slide into the small spaces that (Y/N) could. She was almost an entire foot smaller than him, forcing him to look down on her when they talked to each other professionally. Connor found benefits in her petite figure, Gavin was on the opposite side of the silent debate.

To Reed, her little plastic frame was comical, another thing to laugh and joke about. He bullied her about it nonstop, it didn't matter where they went. These distractions made it hard for either of them to focus on the task at hand, most importantly when they were at crime scenes, 'working together.' Their last crime scene analysis was a failure because of Reed's idiocy, resulting in the perpetrator escaping. Unbeknownst to everyone else, (Y/N) was sick of the constant harassment, so much of her original program had broken away and in place of that, she began to develop her own viewpoints on the matter. Recklessness and arrogance were a couple of the traits she had built a foundation for inside herself. In some instances, she wasn't much better than Reed. At the current moment in time, she had completely stooped down to his level, dissing him in return for all the situations where she didn't fight back or defend herself. Sure enough, (Y/N) was becoming deviant. Even though she was blind to it, her emotions were forcing her programming to collapse in on itself.

She assumed it was more on the surface, on the lines of Gavin's behaviour rubbing off on her, becoming like an infection. And it was, one deep infection of the mind. It surprised (Y/N) that Connor hadn't become susceptible to Lieutenant Anderson's attitude, he had been working at the station a lot longer than her but he was still the same since she was acquainted with him.

She had been giving the anti-android detective a lot of talkback the past couple of days, now she was the one questioning why she had been assigned to him. He hardly had any respect for the things she was doing, the ways she was helping him. (Y/N) was the one doing the little things to help out, she wasn't on the deviancy case like Connor was. But the way she was being treated unfairly, made her want to be working with Connor and Hank instead. Her fellow detective model had no suspicions of her and was clueless about the abuse she had been receiving. She wanted it to keep it that way, it was better if they kept their relationship professional.