The Epic Duel

Evil X's POV (Ex, Eggs... you get the idea)

~~~~

I smiled to myself as I watched the hermits run around dodging various attacks of fancy magic missiles, fireballs over the castle walls, and Jevin's poison arrows, which I helpfully directed toward the hermits. Of course, he didn't know I was doing that- he thought he was actually a good shot.

Haha, Jevin was so cute. 

I struck Cleo with one of my missiles powered with the ruby stone and effectively drained the life from her. The remaining infiltrators crept through the grass dodging my attacks, much to my amusement. 

I went easy on them, though. The more hope they had, the more fun for me because I could watch their hopes and dreams vanish as the light faded from their eyes. 

There was much determined yelling coming from the grounds below as the hermits attacked the iron golems I had sent after them, which I programmed to be even stronger and angrier- not to mention bigger. They were four times the size of the average hermit, but there were only three of them.

"I believe in you, silly hermits! I've made it easy for you. For now," I reassured them, projecting my own lovely voice straight into their minds as they struggled against the golems. 

I turned to the small group sneaking closer to my base and waved my hand, sending another missile at Scar and watching him roll out of the way just in time. 

The infiltrators- the sneaky hermits they were- dove around the side of the castle, out of my sight. Except not really because my helmet allowed me to see through walls. 

I turned to Jevin, who was still firing arrows at the hermits below, missing so terribly I was starting to wonder if he was even trying.

"You ready to have some real fun?" I asked the slime mutant, holding my palm out, the ruby stone glowing dimly on it. 

Jevin lowered his bow, glanced at the stone, then up at me. He hesitated and studied me as if he was trying to solve some overly complicated algebra problem. 

"Uh... what does that mean?" He asked, almost like he didn't want to find out. 

He was being silly, of course he did!

"This," I answered and turned, holding out my arm in the direction of the castle wall, behind which Scar, Cub, and Joe were making their way around, trying to find a way in. 

Oh, I was about to give them a way in. 

"Eggs-?" Jevin said from behind me, confused. He was leaning against the tower wall and looking over my shoulder, probably wondering why I was aiming at the castle wall.

I glanced back at him, beaming mischievously. 

"Boom." 

The stone wall exploded suddenly and the ruby felt warm in my hand as its power passed into the explosion. 

The whole corner of the castle was obliterated, now only rubble and dust littering the ground. The hermits were laying flat on the ground a few feet from the explosion. The only thing keeping them alive was their armour. 

Good, I needed them alive- well at least a couple of them for entertainment purposes. 

A few of the other hermits on the other side of the river paused their fighting at hearing the explosion. Stress got the worst of it and for the moment she was distracted, a golem threw her violently and sent her flying to land only a couple feet from the edge of the floating island.

There. Now they had a way in, meaning the real fun was about to start! 

I looked at Jevin, wanting to know if he was as impressed as I hoped he was. I may or may have not done that to impress him.