"Watch over me"

• Luke imagine •
(There's a bit of a twist. This was cowritten by me and a friend ages ago)

You watch as he sets up his picnic blanket and the picnic basket. He sets out a small bowl of your favorite pasta and a few roses and a glass of water. He looks up to give you a sad smile. You can see that he is trying to blink back his tears. Honestly, you are too.

"It's been a while " he almost whispers.

You give him no reply. You want to answer him, but the words don't come out.

"I brought you your favorite food. I made it myself." Luke wipes his eyes and your heart sinks to your stomach. You feel so terrible, but still you remain silent.

"I tried dating after you left me. The girl was boring and was nothing compared to you and your perfectness. She meant nothing to me. But I tried. I know it's what you would've wanted." He looks down and takes a bite of his pasta.

Everything hurts. Just seeing him like this makes you hurt. "I didn't even give her a second date. "

All you can do is break down.

"You know," he starts. His voice breaks mid-sentence. "Ever since you've died, no one has been the same. 5sos broke up as a band and Michael especially has been really depressed." Luke broke out into heaving sobs. "I should've been driving more carefully." His eyes are so bloodshot, they don't even look like eyes. "I would've been able to ask you to marry me if it wasn't for that accident. That damn accident."

Even in heaven, all you could feel was sadness.

He traces the engraving of your name on your tomb stone. "That should've said y/n hemmings. Not y/n & y/l/n" he whispered under his breath.

A distant car horn beeped.

"Baby it's time for me to go home. That's my ride. I'll see you sometime next week. Watch over me in heaven, y/n" (btw you can leave requests for me to write with ur name or if you have an idea for me to use. If I end up using ur idea, I'll promote ur acc or any story you would like me to promote. Just message me or comment your requests! Thank you!)

Like/comment/share thank you!