Chapter 1 The Beginning

I'm currently laying in bed tossing and turning waiting for my boyfriend Ryan to finally get home. See I've been dating Ryan since my freshman year of high school, almost 6 years ago. Honestly he's all I've ever really known. I gave him everything that I possibly could.

I finally heard our bedroom door open and I looked over at the clock; it was almost 3 in the morning. I sat up in bed and switched on the bedside lamp. "Ryan?" I spoke softly. He turned and faced me. "What the hell are you doing up?" He questioned me. I bit down on my lower lip and just shrugged. "I couldn't sleep. Where have you been?" He slowly moved closer towards me. "Don't worry about it. It's nothing that concerns you." He went to turn around and I grabbed onto his arm. "Ryan it's almost 3 in the morning. Where have you been?" I tried again.

He quickly turned around and slapped me in the face with enough force that I fell off the bed. Before I could respond he punched me in my jaw with what felt like majority of his strength. I couldn't bit back the cry of pure pain that left my lips. That of course only made him even more angry and he continued to kick and punch me. After what felt like hours but was only twenty minutes he stopped. He spat on me and then walked out. I slowly crawled over to the bed and climbed up continuing to cry. I closed my eyes and let the darkness swallow me whole.

I was woken up the next morning by the striking sharp pain that was surging through my body. I slowly got up and went into the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and was ready to burst into tears all over again. My whole that was visible in the mirror was covered in black and blue marks. "Annabelle!!!" I heard Ryan yell from the bed in our bedroom. I sighed and walked back into the bedroom. "Yes Ryan?" I asked. He walked over to me and started kissing my neck. I pushed his chest, pushing him away from me. "Not today Ryan." I started to walk out of our bedroom but before I could make it to the door Ryan grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "What did you just say to me?" He sneered at me. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Please Ryan I'm very sore. Not today I don't want to." I pleaded with him. He grabbed me by my throat squeezing hard. "I don't give a fuck what you want!" He slammed me hard onto the bed by my throat that it dazed me for a second. I squealed out in complete fear and pain. He climbed on top of me and before I could even attempt to put up a fight he had roughly inserted himself into me and I screamed out in pain. He punched me hard in the face. "Shut up bitch." I bit down on my lower lip to keep from making any sounds as he continue to do as he pleased with my body.

After what felt like hours Ryan finally rolled off of me. I just laid there and waited until I heard his snores. When I finally heard them I slowly got up and put on swears pants and a hoodie. I slipped on my shoes and quietly left the house. I walked for a bit until I came across a park, I walked over to the swings and sat down slowly. I'm not sure how long I sat on the swing before I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw my old best friend and his girlfriend from high school standing in front of me.