Chapter Twenty Three

The girls have already packed up and left. I haven't seen or spoken to Harry since last night. Right now it's mid afternoon and Louis and I are driving to the store.

"So Freya, what's the verdict?" Louis asks when we stop at a light.

"Well I had Gemma ask the group so I didn't look too suspicious. El said that she wants it to be from the heart but also an inside joke type of thing. I hope that helps" I say while scrolling through Twitter.

"I have just the thing then. Do you mind if we take a detour to look at some rings?"

"Not at all."

Louis smiles and we pull into the parking lot of the store. When we get done in there we go to a ring store. Louis spend an hour picking out the perfect ring for Eleanor. He still hasn't told me how he's doing it. "Hey I'm going to go on a trip in a few days to see her father. Will you be okay by yourself with the boys while in gone? It'll only be a day or two max."

"Yeah I'll be fine" I say as we walk out of the shop.

"Great. Hey what's this?" He says as he pulls down my shirt line a little. I look in the mirror to see a dark purple hickey. That's from Harry! Quick lie to cover it up.

"Oh it was from the game last night. You don't want to know"

"I'll take your word for it." He lets go of my shirt and his hand goes back to the wheel. The ride home is filled with music and screaming.

~~ four days later ~~

Harry and I haven't really spoken since the incident five nights ago. I still haven't told Gabby either. Liam gives me a look now whenever he sees me. The hickey hasn't healed that much and is still visible.

Louis left yesterday and will be back tomorrow. I think he told Eleanor that he is visiting an old friend or something. Nobody but me and the guys knows that he's planning on asking her.

Right now the guys are watching some British gossip channel. Nobody in the room is actually paying attention but when we hear 'One Direction' all of our heads snap up.

"-One Direction, Freya Tomlinson-" the lady on the screen says before Liam clicks the rewind button. "In the spotlight this month we have the sister of Louis Tomlinson from One Direction, Freya Tomlinson. Since the announcement of her almost three months ago she has been quite the topic in the media world. A photo was submitted two days ago by an anonymous resource of her and her brother shopping. It's not the contents of their cart that have us all excited though. It's what's on her neck that has the fandom stirring. Let's take a look" the screen cuts to a picture of me reaching for something on the store. The hickey on my neck is fully exposed. "Could the rumors of one of the boys and Freya be true or could she have a different lover? Stay tuned guys. Ed Sheeran and his newest music video are coming up next after this commercial break." Silence. This whole time I've had the hickey covered up.

I look around the room to see Niall and Zayn looking at me with amused expressions. Harry is blushing but Liam looks like he is holding in laughter. Before they say anything I stand up and try to rush out of the room. I'm stopped by a pair of arms though who pick me up and begin taking me back over to the couch. A hand reaches up for my collar but I begin to thrash around. Soon the hand does find its way to my neckline and they pull it down a little. Zayn speaks up "Guys it's true! Get a look at her neck!" Oh so he's the one holding me.

There's no point in hiding it now. I stop fighting him and he takes me back to the couch I was on. The guys gather around and look at it. I think Harry is only admiring his handy work. Zayn speaks up again. "Do you care to explain who did this to you missy?"

I make eye contact with Harry for a brief second before looking at Zayn. "Yeah it was a part of our dare game the other night. We swore never to speak of it again though so that's as much as I can say."

"Nah I don't think that's how you got it." Liam said while smirking at me. "That wasn't there when you came down that night. It was pretty quiet for the rest of the night after that happened. I think we would have heard something from your room if it really was from the game. Why don't you tell us how you really got it?"

My heart beat picked up. Harry's face looked shocked. I can't let them know. Not yet. Just then our doorbell rang. Niall went to the door. When he came back in, he was with Louis.

"Sorry guys. Came home earlier than expected. What did I miss?" Louis said while taking his shoes off.

"Not much. Your sister has a hickey, Simon wants us to finish a few more songs, and we ran out of milk. How did things with the parents go?" Zayn says nonchalantly.

"Great actually! That's why I'm home so early. I was expecting more of a fight but her dad said yes right away and I had time to catch the next train. And tell me something I don't know" Louis said as he walked over and sat next to me.

"Wait when did you find out that she had a hickey? It was just on the tv like ten minutes ago, not even" Niall asked.

"I saw it the day after the sleepover when we went shopping."

Okay I've had enough of them discussing my neck. "So Lou, when do you think you'll pop the question?" I'm ask while turning to face him.

"Well if you guys don't mind I'll invite her over tonight." We all mumble words of agreement and he pulls out his phone.

For the rest of the day we all hang out in the living room together. Every now and then Harry and I will catch each other staring. I still need to tell Gabby but I'll wait till we hang out again. I can't risk anybody hearing it if I try to tell her over the phone.

Louis told me a few minutes ago how he is going to propose and asks that I get my phone ready right before he asks. Right now we are still watching movies but now Eleanor is here. Louis just popped in Frozen and we decided to do the sing along version.

Now a couple minutes in I pull my phone out. The song Love Is An Open Door just came on and Louis and Eleanor are dancing around the room. I glance at the screen and see Hanz and Anna at the waterfall. This is it.

Louis turns to El and says "Can I say something crazy?" She nods. Louis slowly lowers to his knee, pulls out the velvet box, looks into Eleanor's eyes, and says "Will you marry me, Eleanor?"