The Beginning

Long ago... The First Spinjitzu Master created Ninjago, inhabiting it with varieties of different Tribes; mermaids, dragons, oracles, phoenixes, Pegasuses, and more. 

They all lived in peace with each other, until one day a war broke out between the mermaids and the dragons. Both opposite elements. The Dragon Tribe was infuriated with the Mermaid Tribe for certain reasons. 

The war raged for centuries, The First Spinjitzu Master was saddened by the fact that his creations was getting destroyed. He created a border between the two fighting tribes, separating them. 

Garmadon and Wu were an Dragon and Oni mix, since he was a descendant of the First Spinjitzu Master, they were also the leader of the Dragon Tribe. One day, Garmadon fell in love with another dragon by the name of Misako, together they had a son.

Ray was a dragon and Maya was a mermaid. They knew that they weren't suppose to ever be together, they couldn't help it. They had to children, a dragon son and a mermaid daughter.

Chen was a normal human, falling in love with a phoenix woman, together they had a phoenix daughter.

Dr. Julian is a Oracle, creating the first ever dragonoid, caring like it was his son. Dr. Julian is also friends with Cyrus Borg, who created Pixal, a Oracle.

Cole was born into a dragon family, no memory of his mother and his father refused to talk about her.

Jay was adopted into a human family.

Harumi was an orphan Jade snake, adopted into the royal family.

Seliel is a strong Phantom, having both physical and ghostly figures.