Fiery Proposal

"Kai, she's the most straightforward person I've ever met in my life, it's either a no or a yes." Nya said, laughing at her brother. "Yeah, I figured that out, it's just...I don't know the best way to tell her." Kai said, pacing back and forth for the past hour. "So the mighty, fiery Kai doesn't have enough courage to ask his girlfriend the big question?! Huh, what happened to the real Kai?" Nya said, playing with his ego, knowing that'll work. "Oh you want tough! I'll show you tough!" Kai said, competition flowed in the Smith's family. Kai ran out the door and slammed the door. "Good luck big bro!" Nya said. She looked at Kai's drawer and there laid a small box. "Hmmm...it's seems like Kai forgotten something, I'll just contribute to this plan" Nya thought. 

   "DAMMIT! Where is it?!" Kai said, tearing his room apart. "KAI?! What's wrong, Hothead? Are you looking for something?" Skylor said, with a huge smile on her face. "Yes, No, it's not something I'm ready to show yet, it's a surprise." Kai said, his face flushing. "Oh? Is it now, well when you're ready, just tell me alright?" Skylor said, shifting into a phoenix and flew off. It's been 4 years since the Battle for Ninjago ended. The others went to inherit their titles. Seliel became the next Phantom queen. Harumi went to inherit the Jade Empress. Skylor had to defeat her father in a battle, which was hard, but she became the next queen, renaming the island, the Amber Kingdom, home of the Birds. Nya was summoned by the mermaid's queen, who was old and had no heirs due to loss of her husband during the war. The queen, Queen Atlantis, took a good liking to Nya , being the only mermaid, other than the queen and Maya, who reached her true potential. She passed down the Mermaid's Jewel to her, saying that she was proud and that she was like a granddaughter that she'll never have. Nya was honored, she knew that she'll end this fight between the dragon and the mermaids by marrying the next Dragon Lord. 

Weeks later...

   "Skylor...I couldn't find it and I'm sorry, it was suppose to be our anniversary gift, but I failed as a boyfriend." Kai said, tearing up a bit. "Oh honey, it's ok, tell me what you were looking for then, maybe I can help you." Skylor said. "I-I...I was looking for a wedding ring." Kai's face turned as red as his gi. "Oh! Is that what you were looking for?"Skylor said, holding up a box. "You have it! Who gave it to you?" Kai said, curious. "Let's just say a member of your family betrayed you." Skylor said, winking. "Oh, one more thing, follow me." Skylor said, grabbing his hand and dragged him into the living room of the monastery. "SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted. Their was cake that was laying at the table and a huge banner that wrote "Congratulations"! "Wow, since you guys planned this, I guess it would be a waste that I don't do this." Kai said, getting on one knee. "Skylor Chen, queen of the Amber Kingdom, Ruler of the Home of the Birds, you are the most amazing and talented person in this world that I've ever met. Before our soulmarks made us together, the moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. Therefore, I want to spend the rest of my life with, in life or death..." Kai said,pausing to hold up the ring. "Skylor Chen...Will you marry me?". Silence....Even though Skylor worn the ring for weeks, it was still so moving that she burst into tears..."YES! OMIGOSH!! YES YES YES!!" Skylor said, tackling him to the ground and kissing him. Everyone cheered for the new wedded couple. It was one of the memories that Kai would never forget.