.9.

The second Wei Ying gained consciousness he threw up a tremendous amount of blood.

"Lan Zhan." Wei Ying called out weakly.

"I'm here."

Lan Zhan tried to get Wei Ying to eat but all he did was throw everything up as soon as he smelled it or it was in his mouth. Wei Ying threw up and yelled in frustration.

"Lan Zhan why is this happening." Wei Ying cried into his husband's shoulder. Lan Zhan held him tightly.

"I don't know. Maybe we should go back to Gusu. Lan Qiren or my brother might be able to go something." He wipes Wei Yings tears away and kisses his cheeks.

"Don't cry." Wei Ying sniffles and smiles a little. Their lovely moment didn't last long. Wei Ying ran away to throw up more blood.

Lan Zhan rushed towards his lovers side pating his back soothingly trying to calm the awful sounds coming from Wei Ying's body.

Wei Ying looks up at Lan Zhan. "We should go after we know Xingchen is alive and well again."

"Okay but when he wakes up we leave immediately."

"Will we be able to see Wen Qing and Jiang Cheng on their wedding day?"

Lan Zhan shook his head. "I don't think so. But we shouldn't worry about that right now."

"But I was supposed to be his best man at his wedding." Wei Ying pout deepened he looked like he was about to cry. Lan Zhan didn't say anything, only hugged Wei Ying.

2 days later.

Lan Zhan kneeled besides Wei Ying who was throwing up again. It only had been two days but Wei Ying really looked as if he was dying. Wei Ying was a sickly shade of white. His face had sunken in slightly and he was losing a lot of weight.

"Wei Ying we should really leave."

"Not yet." Wei Ying says weakly.

Xue Yang ran out , "Wei WuXian you did it! He's back!" Wei Ying tried getting up but almost tripped. Lan Zhan helped him walk towards the room where Xingchen was.

"Wei WuXian? You're alive?" Xingchen asked.

"Yes."

"You don't sound very well."

"He's not." Lan Zhan says. "Wei Ying we have to go now."

"Where are you going?" they asked.

"To Cloud Recesses."

"Why?"

"Wei Ying ... we don't know why he's sick. If we wait any longer he might die."

"Lan Zhan why are you making such a fuss I'll be okay."

"Wei Ying you have been throwing up blood for the past few days." Wei Ying shut his mouth and just looked away. He would argue back but he really had no more energy left.

"Let's go." Wei YIng told Xingchen everything that happened and to watch over his sect while he was gone.

The disciples from the other sect went with them because the next place they had to take lectures from was the Lan Sect.

"Senior Wei You should sit down. At this rate you might die before we make i-" Wei Ying turned around and threw up into the water.

"Gross." Lan Jingyi gagged. "Lan Sizhui I think you spoke too soon." Lan Zhan gave them one look and they all looked away immediately.

"Wei Ying, drink some water." Lan Zhan wiped the blood away from Wei Yings mouth and pressed a bowl to the others lip.

"Lay down. We only have a little way to Gusu. We are almost there."

"Haha I've managed to get Hanguag Jun to make such a worried face." Wei Ying joked trying to bring some type of normal back.

"Boring." Wei Ying gasped.

Pouting Wei Ying playfully punches his husbands shoulder which looked like he was tapping the other. "Lan Zhan~"

"Sleep." Wei Ying gives in and sleeps till the reached Gusu.

The mountains were very cold during these times so Wei Ying shook like crazy. He started running a fever and was too out of it to do anything. Lan Zhan had to carry him up to Cloud Recesses.

"Welcome back Hanguag Jun," said the disciples guarding the entrance. Lan Zhan gave a small side glance to Wei Ying.

"Oh sorry. Welcome back Wei? ... Lan WuXian?"

"Wei WuXian." Wei Ying answered with a course voice.

"Where is my brother?"

"He's inside having tea with Lan Qiren." Lan Zhan nods.

"Get everyone inside. They all have an invitation." The disciples bow and let everyone pass.

Lan Zhan walked inside the room. "Uncle."

"Lan Zhan?" Lan Xichen was surprised to see he's brother.

"Wei WuXian?!" Lan Xichen panicked when he saw the state his brother's husband was in.

"What happened?" Lan Qiren asked.

"He used too much of his spiritual energy." Lan Zhan answered.

They went to Lan Zhan's room to get Wei Ying more comfortable.

"This is what happens when you use such evil tricks."

"Uncle!" Lan Zhan snapped at him glaring. Lan Qiren scoffs at them before ordering his servants to fetch come herbs. Even though Lan Qiren seems like he hates Wei Ying, he really doesn't... Okay maybe a bit. He was also very worried about Wei Ying.

Wei Ying wakes up coughing. Lan Zhan pats his back and helps him sit up.

"Wei Ying drink this." Lan Zhan held up a small bowl to Wei Ying's lip. He drinks it only to push them aside and throw up more blood.

Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were startled. "How long has he been throwing up like this?"

"2 weeks." Wei Ying groans laying back down.

"He can't eat anything. It's as if everything he takes in he throws up." Lan Zhan shakes his head and holds onto We Yings hand. Lan Qiren saw the love and concern Lan Wangji had for Wei WuXian.

"I don't think any of the medicine we have can help him." Lan Xichen says sadly.

"I'm sorry." Lan Xichen says trying to comfort his brother but mostly Wei Ying.

"I'm sorry we can't do anything to help you. We can try to give you something to ease the pain, but you can't seem to take any medication.

Then Lan Xichen had an idea. "Why not go to Lotus Pier and get help from Wen Qing?"

"I don't want to ruin their wedding day." Wei Ying whined.

"Wei WuXian their wedding passed already." Wei Ying sat straight up.

"Really? But I never got to give them their wedding gift!" Lan Zhan patted his shoulder.

"I sent it to them before we left Nightless city, do not worry so much." Wei Ying smiled thankfully before coughing again.

"We should leave soon then." Wei Ying nodded at his husband trying to smile through his coughing fit.