Chapter 4: Missing you

"Lan...Zhan...I...love you...Please...take care when...I am gone..."

Lan Zhan, "Wei Ying! NO! NO! DONT LEAVE ME!"

Wei Ying's hand dropped from holding Lan Zhan's face, to the ground.

Lan Zhan started to cry, losing his mind, "WEI YING! PLEASE! I ALREADY LOST YOU ONCE! I CAN"T LOSE YOU AGAIN! WEI YING WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

...

"WEI YINGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!"

...

...

Lan Zhan, "Wei Ying...Wei Ying...Don't go...Wei Ying! Wei Ying!"

Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan? Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! I am here! Why are you shouting? Lan Zhan!"

Lan Zhan opened his eyes, and saw Wei Ying's facial expression of concern and worry. He immediately sat up and hugged Wei Ying tightly. "So...it was a nightmare...thank god..."

Wei Ying patted Lan Zhan's back, still confused, "You had a nightmare? What's going on? I was sleeping peacefully and was woken up by your screamings of my name."

Lan Zhan, "I...had a nightmare...that shortly after we got married...you...died..."

Wei Ying, looking into Lan Zhan's eyes and cupping his cheeks, "Lan Zhan, it was just a nightmare. I am right here now, with you. I am your husband now. I am not going anywhere, I will always be with you, by your side." He kissed Lan Zhan on the lips. Lan Zhan smiled and hugged Wei Ying tightly again, almost as if he never wanted to let him go. Wei Ying understood that although it was just a nightmare, for Lan Zhan, it is very frightening to him, because he did lose Wei Ying once. He suffered 13 years without him. Anyone would be overwhelmed with joy when your lover comes back to life, and even more that his or her feelings are reciprocated. The feeling of losing your lover again...is definitely even more frightening than the first time.

Wei Ying's heart breaks for Lan Zhan. He is able to tell how depressed Lan Zhan was during the 13 years when he was dead, because his hug is so tight that it is suffocating, but he didn't mind. "Lan Zhan, when you found out about my passing, erm, if you are comfortable with sharing it, what happened during that time?"

*Flashback, at the JingShi"

Lan XiChen walked into the JingShi with a shocked and regretful look, but he has to let his brother know. Lan WangJi, with his back still aching, as he is not even close to recovering from his injuries, slowly sat up. "Brother, what's wrong?"

Lan XiChen, "WangJi, I need you to try your best to stay calm, and listen to me okay?"\

Lan WangJi, "What is it, brother?"

Lan XiChen, " ..."

Lan XiChen, "Young Master Wei, he...he..."

Lan WangJi, "Wei Ying? He what?"

Lan XiChen, "..."

Lan WangJi's heart started to beat a little faster.

Lan XiChen, "Young Master Wei...has...passed...away..."

Lan WangJi could not process that sentence. He was so stunned that his whole body froze. He looked at his brother with a blank expression, "What...what did you say?"

Lan XiChen could not bring himself to say it again.

Lan WangJi, "How...did he..."

Lan XiChen, "Some say his corpses turned against him and tore him to pieces, some said Jiang WanYin killed him."

Lan WangJi immediately got up from the bed, but fell on the ground due to his back. Lan XiChen, "WangJi! Where are you going?"

Lan WangJi, "I have to take a look! I need to see him one last time!"