Chapter 3: 33 whips

After talking about the sensitive topic and parting from the embrace, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying resumed to do their own things. 

After a few hours, Lan Zhan, "Wei Ying, its getting late, do you want to take a bath?" 

Wei Ying, "Sure! Let's bathe together! As usual!" 

They went to the bathroom together and started to take off their clothes. Wei Ying wanted to ask Lan Zhan if he wanted the water to be cold, warm or hot, today, as the temperature always depended on what Wei Ying wanted and Lan Zhan would go along with it, so long as Wei Ying likes it. This time, Wei Ying wanted Lan Zhan to be the one to choose it to his liking. After he stripped completely, he turned around, about to ask Lan Zhan, when the first thing he saw was Lan Zhan taking off his robe, revealing his naked back to Wei Ying. Wei Ying could see the 33 scars on his back very clearly. 

*Flashback, at Guan Yin Temple*

Lan XiChen, "33 whips! You should know that when one lands on you, it is already painful enough. He received all 33 whips all at once! Do you know how long he had to rest?! How much pain he had to endure?!" 

*End of flashback*

Wei Ying was overwhelmed with guilt again. He did not know what took over him, but his legs moved really fast. He walked towards Lan Zhan and hugged him from behind tightly. Lan Zhan was surprised, but held Wei Ying's hands that were on his abdomen, "Wei Ying?" Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan...I'm so sorry..." Lan Zhan was still confused, "Hm?" Wei Ying used one of his hands and touched a few of the scars, kissing them also. Lan Zhan immediately knew why he was apologising again. He turned around, kissed Wei Ying's forehead, and hugged him tightly, and patted and stroked his naked back. "You don't have to say that to me." Wei Ying, "But...its my fault..." Lan Zhan placed his hands on Wei Ying's shoulder, and looked straight into his eyes, "It's not." 

Wei Ying, "It is."

Lan Zhan, "It's not."

Wei Ying, "It is."

Lan Zhan, "It's not."

Wei Ying, "It is."

Lan Zhan, "One more time, and see what I will do to you tonight." 

Wei Ying burst out laughing. "HAHAHA! Er-gege, what haven't you not done to me yet? Come, do you want the water to be cold, warm or hot? I want it to be you to decide this time!" 

Lan Zhan spoke without even thinking twice, "Hot." 

They prepared the water in the bathtub together, and entered together as well. Wei Ying lay on Lan Zhan's chest. "Lan Zhan, if you don't mind me asking, what happened when you were getting punished?" Lan Zhan patted Wei Ying's back, "I can tell you, but I dont want you to feel guilty and apologise to me. It's really not your fault." Wei Ying, "Okay okay, I won't." Knowing that he would never win Lan Zhan in a fight, he decided to play along. He would definitely feel guilty, but he will not show it. 

Lan Zhan, "So, after returning you to the Burial Mounds, I knew punishment was awaiting me in Gusu. So when I went there, I immediately knelt infront of the ancestral hall. Wei Ying, "Were you afraid?" They looked at each other. Lan Zhan, "In all honesty, yes. Especially when Uncle took out the discipline whip." Wei Ying held Lan Zhan's hand and Lan Zhan squeezed it back in response.

*Flashback, At the Ancestral Hall"

Lan XiChen, "WangJi, Young master Wei has commited a grave mistake. Why must you follow him to commit a mistake too?" 

Lan WangJi, "I can't say what he did was right or wrong, but whichever one it is, I am willing to bear the consequences."

Lan QiRen, "Bear the consequences? Hah! Are you sure you can?"