Chapter 3 - "Zoe's New Man"

Jared POV:

And just like that, its back to Monday. A really weird thing happened to me between first and second hour today. Zoe Murphy asked me stuff and Evan. I have no clue why. Hopefully, she aint here to steal my boyfriend. Well... not yet. Yet.

**Flashback**

I exit my class, heading to my locker. Once I unlocked it, Zoe Murphy comes up to me. "Kleinman? Evan's friend?" She asks. I push up my glasses, and turned to her. "Yeah, do you need help with something?" I asked trying to be polite. She looks to her feet and smiles to her feet a little. Her hands in her pockets and her keychain showing. "This is stupid... but, do you know where I can find him? Or would you know if he's seeing someone?"

I closed my locker, leaned up against it. "Either his locker or bathroom" Zoe nodded to herself, turned around but stopped herself from walking away. "Do you know his locker number?" I nod, trying not to roll my eyes. "206" she nods, walking away, thanking me for the information. What the hell was that.

**End Flashback**

Sitting down at the table, I opened my laptop and showed Evan. He didn't seem impressed with my edit I did for a class. "So... what do you think?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and ate. Suddenly, Zoe comes over. "Kleinman, mind if I steal him for lunch?" Zoe asks, smiling to Evan. I have a feeling... god, if they are a thing then... ugh. "Whatever" I say, not looking away from my computer.

Evan and Zoe left, leaving me lonely. Until Zoe's brother, Connor, came over. "Kleinman, you need to back off" he snapped. I closed my laptop and put my hands on the table. "You need to break up your sister and Evan. Im not sure if their actually together but it seems like it" I said. Connor looked to Zoe's table then back to me. "Look, Kleinman, I know we are both in love with Hansen. You better stay out of my way."

Oh yeah, I should probably mention that Connor knows that im in love with Evan and vice versa. For a fact, I knows that non of us will stop until Evan ends up with one of us. So... until then, we fight. I just stare blankly, but smiling at Connor. "Evan will choose whoever he wants and I think I got the win on this because I know him more than you. So you stay out of my way" I stood up.

Connor rolls his eyes and leaves. God, finally. Well, im back to sitting alone. I look over, seeing Evan having fun with Zoe and her friends. Ive been in love with Evan for... 2 1/2 years I wanna say, Im not sure about Connor tho. Im winning over Evan. He will be my boyfriend. Soon... very soon.

Connor POV:

Every day, every lunch hour, I secretly sneek past the adults and head outside for a smoke. But today... I got caught. I don't know how, but I did. A teacher pulled me into the principal's office. "Mr. Murphy, smoking cigarettes with weed... again"

"It doesn't have weed in it this time!" I snapped a little

The principal rested his hands on his desk and stared blankly at me. I don't even know how many times ive been in here. "Well, Connor, this is the third time we caught you smoking... a week suspension, I will be calling your parents" oh great, my ass is gonna get beat by them. Its hell already with my mom and dad's fighting.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Awesome, now im thinking about Hansen. Ugh, he is just so cute when he's so shy. I left the principal's office and walked over to my sister. "Zoe, we needa talk" I pulled her aside and pushed my hair away. "What's so important right now?" She asks. "I got suspended again... so I suggest you not go home and hear the fighting from mom and dad to me"

After I said that, she kinda seem excited. I have a feeling she knows where to go. "I was gonna be at a friends house anyways... thanks Con" she patted me and sat back to her table. Hold up... how the hell did I not see Hansen sitting next to my sister?? Now im remembering what that dick, Kleinman, said to me earlier.

"You need to break up your sister and Evan. Im not sure if their actually together but it seems like it"

Did my own sister seriously steal my man??

Time skip to after school

Evan POV:

Zoe decided to give me a ride home and she wanted to hangout. I mean... we are a thing now. We both hop out of the car and head inside. Zoe takes my hand and we sit on the couch, her head leaning against mine. I turned on the tv and we started watching whatever just came up. "Z-Zoe, uh, t-thank you for the ride home" I stuttered. Damn it, now she thinks im weird and strange.

She smiles and snuggles more close to me. I wanted to do something, but I didn't. First, I wanted to leave because I always hide. Secondly, I wanted to leave because im hungry and want food. "H-hey, d-do you want, uh, something to e-eat?" I asked. Zoe got up and took me with her. Walking to the kitchen, she jumped on the counter and dangled her feet.

I searched through the fridge, cupboard, freezer, and whatever else. We both agreed on leftover chicken legs, my mom and I had last week. All of a sudden, I hear a phone go off, its not mine. Zoe picked up her phone and answered it. Meanwhile, I heated up the chicken legs and brought out some plates.

"Mhm... no, Con, im not coming home until later tonight... yes, mom and dad already knows where I am... okay, alright, bye loser"

Zoe hopped off the counter and came up to me and hugged me from behind. "Sorry about that, it was just my idiot brother" I set some legs on the plate and gave them to Zoe. She legs go and grabs it, I put the rest of the legs on my plate and sat down. We started talking about our families, school, future.

I still can't believe my crush, for years, liked me back and now were together.

I love you, Zoe Murphy.

Time skip to late at night... kinda. (8:30pm)

Zoe and I are in my room, on my bed, watching stupid movies. I put my hand on her leg, looking to her. She seems to be happy, she's smiling. I hear the door open and close, knowing its my mom. I can worry about that in a sec.

Zoe starts to run her hands through my sandy blonde hair. I perk my head up, leaning in real close. Our lips touch. This is amazing, I could never relive this moment. I close my eyes, our lips still connected-

"Oh, im sorry honey, I didn't know you had a guest over" my mom surprised us.

As soon as she spoke, I immediately fell off the bed and became embarrassed. Zoe and I walked out of my room, finding 2 guys in my house.

Who the hell are these people?

Zoe and I look to each other, confused. I walk over to my mom and whispered. "Mom, who are they?" My mom hugged me and said this. "Honey, the reason why I have been out later than normal is that, im seeing someone" I look over to them, the older guy smiles, and the younger guy, probably my age, was not paying attention. He's on his phone.

"This is Phil and his son Jeremy"

Phil waves, Jeremy... on his phone. I hide behind my mom, she moves out the way. "Sorry, my son tends to be a little shy" a little? A little? No, mom, I am extremely shy! "My parents need me home, i'll see you tomorrow Ev" Zoe says, kissing my cheek, leaving.

All of a sudden, I hear a little buzz buzz from all of our phones. I go on it, too see what's happening.

Hello students and parents,
I come to inform you that there will be no school on Tuesday and Wednesday in these districts [lists them] due to, there will be a huge storm. Stay safe and enjoy your evening.
-Principal [name]

"Yes! No school tomorrow and Wednesday!" I hear Jeremy say.

I would scream that, but people I don't know are in my house so... yay, no school.