Chapter 6 - "The Two Step Plan"

Connor POV:

I stumbled into the kitchen, tripping over something. "Your high, aren't you son?" My dad said, taking a sip of coffee and reading a newspaper. I hate my family always thinking that im high, it's annoying. "Im not fucking high, I tripped" my mom passed me a bowl, I poured in some cereal and finishing off the rest of the milk.

Zoe looks away from her phone, pouring her breakfast. "Connor finished the milk!" She said, getting up and smacking me. I flipped her off and put my head on the table. My mom sat down, eating. "I know you guys don't have school today... is there any new going on with you guys?"

I roll my eyes, scoffing. It was silent so im hoping no one heard. On the other hand, Zoe is more energized. "Im seeing someone" my mom smiles, pouring herself some coffee. "Is it anyone we know?" To be honest, I wanted to flip the table and leave. If it is Hansen, I will to everything to break them up. How dare my own sister steal my boyfriend! "Uh... I don't think so" Zoe said.

I can not hear this... not right now. Hell, I have a better chance with Hansen if I tell him that Kleinman is in love with him. Hansen will totally freak out, and my next step is breaking them up anyway I can. "His name is Evan... he's a senior at school" my mom shakes my arm, probably gonna say something like 'oh, he's in your grade, right?' Man, I have to tell Evan before Kleinman does anything.

Well, now thinking... Hansen keeps posting on his socials yesterday about Kleinman and some other dude like, flirting, or something. I decided to text him, dunno why.

Connor- Saw Hansen's socials, we still gonna fight?

I get a response, something that is nothing new

Jared- Duh, you can try

Connor- Your a dick

Welp, our fight is continuing. Im probably gonna go to Hansen's and hang out and eventually tell him about Kleinman, then my first part of my plan is done. I guess I was tuning out for a while, my mom was trying to get my attention. "Connor?"

"Mhm? Oh, sorry"

"Don't even bother, he's high" my dad said.

"Im not fucking high!" I stormed out of the kitchen

I slammed my door, letting out my anger buy throwing some things. Then realizing that I just try and calm myself. Ugh, I seriously hate my parents. Grabbing a pack, I pulled out a cigarette lit it up. I hope to god my parents don't walk in, I do not need then to think that im high, even tho im not. Now, im deciding if I should put weed in the cigarette.

I get a text message from Hansen, hmm.

Evan- Hey, you wanna hang? My mom is kinda kicking me outta house and Jared said he's busy. So, you down?

Perfect, I can tell him.

Connor- Uh, yeah sure. Meet at the park in 10?

Evan- sure

As I put out my cigarette, throwing it out my window, and me going downstairs. I see that my dad has already left, my mom asked me where I was going. Putting my hair up, I grabbed a bagel. "Im going to take a walk for a few hours" I lied. My parents think I have no friends, which is kinda true. I tend not to tell them because I choose not too.

Leaving home, walking down the sidewalk, I thought to myself 'what would Hansen think once I tell him?' I have a feeling that he will react in 2 ways.

A) he's gonna be calm about it
B) he's gonna hate Kleinman

Im guessing the second one, but you never know with Hansen.

Seeing Hansen walk my way as I walk towards him, walking to the park, I stopped. He walked to me, I gave him a mini handshake. "Why did your mom kick you out?" I say, looking beyond him, wondering if I should smoke. "O-oh, I have no idea... but, she wants me to go shopping for stuff for the house" I pulled out a cigarette and lit it, knowing Hansen, he wouldn't try. "Hey, before we go, I have something to tell you"

Hansen turned back to me, fixing the collar of his shirt. "W-what is it?" I taped my cigarette a few times, dropping ashes. "What im going to tell you will effect you... I think" Hansen looked at the shopping list, then back to me. I blew some smoke just above Hansen's head and looked at him.

"Kleinman has been in love with you for a couple of years"

Hansen just stared blankly, I waved my hand in front of him. "Hansen?" He looked down to his shoes, kicked a pebble. "I-I... I w-will talk to him... I-I did like him, but it slowly died... can w-we just head to the store?" I nod and we started heading off.

That was not the response I was expecting...

Walking to the store, Hansen and I saw something that we never thought we would ever see. Kleinman and some dude in a red hoodie, holding hands, smiling. Hansen starts laughing, I was really confused. At the same time, I was happy. I think Kleinman heard Hansen laughing, he pulled away from the other dude's hand, frowning, putting up his hood. They start speed walking away.

I tapped Hansen's shoulder, he think its that funny... he's crying. I have no idea why this is so funny. "What's so funny?" I asked, litting up another cigarette. He wipes his tears, as we continue to walk. "S-sorry, i-its just you wouldn't get it, Jeremy invited us to-"

"Woah, woah, who's this Jeremy?" I stopped walking, starting to get jealous.

Hansen wiped his final tears, laughing a little while I blow puffs of smoke. "Oh, i-its my moms new boyfriends son" I start walking again, Hansen follows. As we keep walking, he takes out his phone and calls someone. Part of me didn't really care, the other half of me really wanted to know.

Getting to the store, I threw away my cigarette and we headed inside. "What are you looking for" I said, looking around. Hansen looks down at the list, I take a peek at it. He starts naming off things, I half listened. The other half was listening to my own thoughts.

Time skip after shopping

Hansen and I got done paying the cashier, but something caught my eye. I stopped Hansen from walking to the door. "Hey, do you want a slushee? I'll pay" Hansen smiles, nods, and walks on over. I smile back, which is rare, and I went over to the machine. Hansen already got his hands on a cup, filling it up. "Arent you getting one too?" He asked. I shake my head as Hansen walks to the counter.

I paid for the slushes and we are now on our back to somewhere. Hansen turns to me, he doesn't look really good. "C-call my mom" after he said that, he drops the groceries. He falls down to the ground, I catch him at the last second. Holy shit. Holy shit. I scoot back to some pole, im on the ground. Im starting to get worried.

"Hansen? .... Hansen?! .... Evan?!" I tried tapping his face, seeing if he would wake up.

Evan fainted. This is not okay.

I search his pockets, for his phone. After finding it, I unlocked his phone and dialed his mom.

Ring.... ring... ring...

"Hello?" The other line picked up.