Chapter 10 - "Bro vs Sis"

Evan POV:

The next day at school, Jared approaches my locker before school starts. From what Connor said about him and that Connor kissed me, I don't think I can trust them anymore. I mean, Jared has been hiding something and Connor just straight up kissed me. "Hey Evan, uh, why didn't you tell me about your fainting?" Jared asks, leaning up against the locker next to me. To be honest, I kinda forgot to tell him. I look at him for a split second before looking back to my locker. "I'm sorry Jared, I totally forgot to tell you" I told him.

All of a sudden, Jared gets a call from his phone. He looks down and smiles, part of me wants to know but the other part of me wanted to respect his privacy. "I gotta go, cya at lunch?" he says while backing up. I nod and he walks off when someone unexpected comes up and hugs me from the behind. I turn around, seeing it was Zoe. I greet her with a hug and a kiss. For a fact, I knew people would look at us weirdly. 'The loser and Zoe Murphy together?'

I tend to ignore that, it gets hard. Zoe searches through her bag, pulling out my sweatshirt and hands it to me. "You left it at my house yesterday" she smiles. I put down my bag on the floor and putting my sweatshirt on, not zipping it up. "T-thanks, I forgot about it" I chuckle. Zoe grabs my hand and looks at me. "Why did Connor want you, yesterday" she suddenly turns serious, it makes me feel nervous, maybe thinking something bad is going to happen.

I tell her everything about it. From Jared liking me to the kiss.

The expression Zoe has on her face full of angry, almost like she wants to hurt of maybe even kill someone. I just stand there quiet, turning to close my locker and picking up my bag, swinging it on my shoulder. "There's no way of me calming down any time soon so I have to scold my brother and trying to not kill him... i'll text you later, Ev" she kisses my cheek and walks off.

Connor POV:

My sister walks up to me, looking real mad. I have a feeling that this has to be about me kissing Hansen. Of course it is, Hansen would tell her. Zoe slaps me, harder than I expected. "Ow, what the fuck was that for?!" I said loudly. "How dare you kiss my boyfriend, he told me everything about it and you need to back off him. Sorry that Evan likes me instead of you... you asshole. Are you trying to break us up so you can have him?"

"Actually yes. In fact, I like- no, I loved him longer than you have. I want to break you guys up so that I can have him all to myself. He will be mine. Now, you better enjoy your time with him before I take him from you"

I started walking away but Zoe pulls me back. We fought, bickered, and basically everything you do if you and your sibling hates each other until the bell rung. We both flipped each other off before walking off in different directions.

Timey skippy

Looking back and forth from Hansen and Zoe from Kleinman at lunch has me feeling bad. Like, I had a chance with him but then I had to screw it up. I still have so many questions from the other day about Kleinman and that dude he was walking with. Suddenly, my sister turns around and looks directly in my eyes, rolling her eyes and flipping me off. God, I hate her so much.

Evan POV:

"Who are you looking at, Zoe?" I ask.

Zoe turns around and looks at me with a polite smile. "No one... its not important" I grab her hand and just held it. Zoe's friends, who were sitting by, starts getting hyper. All because that we have a relationship and they all think its so cute. I mean... their not lying. I put an arm around her and she leans in, putting her head on my chest. I kiss the side of her head and continued to eat my lunch. Then, I randomly get a text from Jared.

Jared- I thought we were having lunch together?

well, yes... but I didn't want to for obvious reasons.

Evan- Sorry, I must have forgotten. Tomorrow?

instantly getting a text back from him.

Jared- You seem to forget to tell me everything apparently. Is there a reason behind this or do you not wanna to be friends anymore? Answer me honestly.

Before I could pick up my phone, Zoe takes it from me and smiles. Knowing that she's being sarcastic. Reading the messages, her smile dies. "Is this because of the thing?" she says with knowing about the Jared liking me situation. I nod and she hands me back my phone, I answer him back and set down my phone. From now, im spending all my attention on Zoe and her friends and not worrying about Connor or Jared.

Another time skip ... deal with it

When school gets done, Zoe parks her car in my driveway and we both enter my house. I set down my bag and lay down on the couch, Zoe lays on top me of, setting her head under my chin and grabbing my hand. I try my best to reach out and grab a blanket, when I finally manage to get one, I unfold it and lay it on top of us. "You tired?" I ask, calmly. She nods her and from my view, she closes her eyes. Stuck in place, I go on my phone and look at socials and playing games until I ended up falling asleep. Not gonna lie, I was pretty tired myself.

A few hours later, we both wake up to the front door slamming. Zoe and I get up off the couch and I look around, my mom, Phil, and Jeremy are here. Jeremy is the one who slammed it because he's the one next to the door and my mom and Phil are in the kitchen starting to make dinner. "Mom?" I call out. She turns me and walks over, giving me a hug. "Hi honey, how was your nap?" I then get super embarrassed. I turn to Zoe, she lays her head on my should. "It was okay, im still tired..."

"Well, im going to start making dinner. I hope you don't mind Phil and Jeremy eating dinner with us tonight"

She turns to Zoe "Are you staying for dinner, sweetie?"

Zoe nods and my mom gives me a kiss on my head and goes back to the kitchen. I immediately turn my attention to Jeremy, knowing he woke us up. He's leaning against the door, with a foot up and his head back, looking down at his phone. I start to walk over but Zoe stops me "please don't make it a big deal... your fine" she puts her hands in my hair, moving it to a side. I look down and nod, she's right. It's literally not a big deal.

I lead Zoe to my room, she gets on my bed and I grab my laptop. "So, what do we wanna watch first?" I ask, getting on the bed, setting my laptop in between us. Of course with door open, my mom would never let me close my door if I have a girl over. Opening Netflix, I click on the first thing that I saw. Jeremy stands in the doorway, I look up to him. "We should definitely plan a double date" he cracks a smile.

A double date? Why?