Chapter 11: Caught red handed

"Mhhmh!," he said as she pressed her mouth roughly on his.

Suddenly someone burst through the door...

~~~

A stunned Tam looked on with confusion. His eyes darted to the fact that Fitz was on top of Sophie and then to his lack of shirt. He quickly realized he had walked in on them.... doing whatever that was. "Sorry!" He said quickly.

Sophie looked up startled and Fitz quickly got off of her, a goofy smile spreading across his lips.

"No need to be sorry," he started. "We were just umm...horsing around." He said holding in a chuckle.

Sophie quickly grabbed her gloves and slid them back on. while Fitz ran a hand through his disheveled hair trying to put it back in place.

Tam stood awkwardly.

"How can we help you?" Fitz finally said.

"Well... umm I just hang out in the guest houses sometimes and i sensed someone was here and I thought Lihn was raiding my chocolate stash."

"Nope just us.." Sophie replied. She was a bit flushed from being caught red handed. "We are doing a 24 hour cognate training thing and... yeah..."

"So Fitzphie is official?"

"Let's maybe not mention what you saw here to anyone else yet.."

"Maybe act the part.." Tam said pointing at Fitz's shirt and Sophie's sweater that were thrown on the floor."

Fitz chuckled. "We'll try"

~~~

Granite and Forkle watched the surveillance cam with anxiety as Fitz took off his shirt. The seconds passed and their kissing grew more heated. But to their surprise, instead of the gnomes they expected, Tam burst in.

"Call off the gnomes!" Forkle said through the intercom.

"That was really convenient," Granite mentioned.

~~~

"Well I better be going if u guys are supposed to be training or making out or whatever" Tam said.

"Bye." Sophie said blushing as he left.

As soon as he closed the door they broke out laughing.

"DID YOU SEE HIS FACE!!" Fitz said wheezing.

She nodded. "We are gonna have to be more careful next time."

"So... there's gonna be a next time?" He said looking at her dreamily.

"I don't see why not?," she said playfully grabbing his chin as she stood up. His eyes followed her like a dog as she walked across the room and she pulled her sweater back on as she picked it up.

"We really should get back to that schedule," she said as she turned around.

He nodded.

~~~

Back downstairs Sophie grabbed the packet. We have to follow a memory linked to a certain emotion.

"I'll go first," he said. "I want to find a memory related to that fluttery feeling....you know the one." He said stepping closer. She knew exactly what he was taking about as he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her in until their foreheads touched.

She looked up at him quizzically.

"I'm just.. trying to get a better connection," he said explaining his grip and sudden proximity.

"Got it" she said biting her lip to hide her smile.

He followed that string of emotion through her subconscious until he was brought into the flash of a memory. He saw himself. He walked up to Sophie and grabbed her hand to leap. He opened his eyes. "I give you the feels bad huh ?" He said teasing.

"My turn," she said blushing. "I wanna find surprise."

She was brought into a flash of memories. First Sophie inflicting on an ogre. Then the memory changed to her running up and giving him a hug when she passed her elementalism test. Lastly it flashed to her kissing him earlier.

She laughed.

"What?!" He asked blushing.

"It's just I'm in a lot of these," she said.

"Hey your a pretty surprising person!"

"True," she laughed.

"What's next?" He asked.

"Cognate Questions and we have to answer truthfully," she read.

"Ok" he said. "Does Keefe often brag about his ass to you?"

She laughed. "Not much, but he's been acting up a bit lately. He can probably sense that stuff has been going on between us and wants to try and win me over before anything becomes official."

"He's only your friend so he should know his boundaries....If he ever gets too inappropriate I can talk to him," Fitz said looking at her.

"Thanks," Sophie said hoping this didn't mean he was gonna start bragging his behind.

As if thinking the same thing he added, "I mean, even people more than friends understand those boundaries."

She giggled.

"I'll try not to brag about mine." He added also laughing.

"Ok," she started trying to think of a question, "who was your first kiss?"

He looked a little confused, "you?" He said smiling. It took him a minute and his smile slowly drained, "Did, did you kiss someone else before me?"

Sophie looked down. "I had figured I wasn't your first," she said. "........I Kissed Dex a while back.....are you mad?" She asked after a minute looking up into his eyes. He looked sad but not mad.

"It happened before us. So I guess I can't be upset." He said

"I didn't even like him at the time," she added trying to make him feel better. "And we're just friends now, it was kinda an epic fail."

"Hey at least it wasn't Keefe," he said

"Heyy" she said after a minute. "Your the only person I've ever actually liked."

He met her gaze and smiled. "You too" he transmitted.