Chapter 25: Alvar, stop

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
the following chapter contains mature material, swearing, violence, and depictions of sexual assault

Tiergan walked in. They stepped apart and Fitz's hand dropped to hers.

Tiergan just cleared his throat. "So your relationships has clearly had a bit of a change," he stated his eyes lingering on their hands.

"Yeah," Fitz said. "It has."

~~~

After class Sophie met up with everyone at the lunch table. Fitz sat down next to her. He reached his hand down grabbing her knee under the table. She smiled.

"I can get your body guards leaping crystals tomorrow after school." He transmitted.

"That's good," she transmitted, "I think I wanna come over to ur house tonight even though u don't have them yet. I don't want Grady to walk in on...anything." She said blushing.

He smirked. "See u at 10:00"

~~~

That night Sophie got ready to leap to Fitz's. She tiptoed downstairs to the leap master. She quickly and quietly lept to the Vacker's appearing in the dining room under their leapmaster.

The lights were all turned off and she didn't see anyone out. She started walking down the hall but stopped dead in her tracks as she saw Alvar flicker into view. Vanishers.

"Sophie...?" He said slowly as he walked towards her.

He was holding an empty glass and something about him seemed off. He moved slower as if invisible forces were tugging at his limbs as his heavy uneven steps drew closer.

She didn't know why but she felt a growing feeling of dread in her stomach.

"Sophie Foster..." he said as he came into view.

She noticed what was different about him. His breath smelled thickly of bitter fizzleberry wine.

"Alvar..." she said nervously as he stopped in front of her. 

"What brings you here so late?" He said. Slurred would be a more accurate description.
"Oh yeah,..FITZ" He said loudly dropping his glass down on the table. It made a loud clink.
"Why does he get to have all the fun huh?" He asked his eyes straying down her figure.

"I don't think your feeling well," Sophie said as she took a step back. Sophie's heart beat quickened. She was almost backed against the wall.

"Actually I'm feeling great." He said stepping closer as he reached out a sloppily placed hand to the side of her waist.

"Alvar, stop" She said pushing his hands off of her.

He shoved her back against the wall.

"Alvar, stop" She said her voice quavering.

"Shhhhh" he said as he leaned down grabbing her. She tried to push him off of her but he pressed her against the wall covering her mouth as she struggled.

"Good girl," he said as his hands explored her curves.

"Stop!" She yelled. He grabbed her face and she scratched the sides of his arms trying to squirm free.

"Stop!" She whimpered. He was too big and too strong.

"You want this trust me," he said as he leaned down and kissed her roughly

"Help!" She yelled desperately pulling her face away from him. She noticed an obscurer sticking out of his pocket. Nobody could hear them.

"You're a pretty little thing aren't you," he said grabbing the edge of her pants.

She kneed him in the stomach.

"Hold still" He hissed in her ear as he struggled with her, kicking his foot down on her ankle. She heard a crack. She yelped. Tears started welling in her eyes. His hands grabbed her pinning her wrists at her sides.

She twisted freeing one of her hands. As soon as it was out of his grasp she elbowed him in the face. He stumbled back blood trickling from his nose.

In the split second Alvar was off of her she tried to run but her ankle bent under her and she fell over. Alvar was walking towards her.

He wiped his nose and saw the blood on his fingers.

"You Bitch!" He said smacking her across the face.

She scrambled back grabbing her pathfinder out of her pocket. Her grabbed her wrist but she twisted free holding the pathfinder up to the light. The second a path was created she threw herself into the beam and disappeared. 

"FUCK!" Alvar said punching the table.
He slouched down leaning against the wall and held his face in his hands.

"Fuck..."

~~~

Sophie opened her eyes. She was sitting on the sand of a beach. She had escaped.

She started sobbing on the ground.

She slowly stood up as she started limping towards the house she could see in the distance. She was at the shores of solace.

~~~

Keefe was laying in bed when jumped at Sophie's voice in his head.

"KEEFE" she transmitted.

This wasn't a regular transmission. He could tell she was distressed.

"I'm outside," she transmitted. 

He ran down the stairs and opened his door where Sophie collapsed into his arms crying.

"Sophie!" He said as he caught her. "what happened?!"

She just sobbed. He wrapped his arms around her.

"Was it the Neverseen?" he asked.

She shook her head.

"I'm gonna take you inside," he said picking her up. He carried her into his room.

~~~

After he set her down he grabbed her hand.

"Sophie who did this to you?" He said looking at the red mark on her face and the bruises on her skin.

Her lip quivered.

"It's ok you can tell me," he said looking into her eyes. "Who did this to you?"

"Alvar."