Chapter 1

Diana glanced around the room at the array of people currently occupying the club's main area. She had never attended a play party or any sort of social night but was intrigued by the advertising of the club's current mixer as kink and BDSM focused.

Judging from the amount of red wristbands she saw, there were clearly a lot of dominates in attendance. Several of the submissive individuals wearing their identifying blue wristband caught her eye; but she paid little attention to those with purple as they signified a pet.

She looked down at her own green wristband before scanning the room once more.

"If you're looking for the caregivers and littles, the playroom is over there."

A woman wearing the same color as Diana pointed to a door near the back of the room.

After giving a nod and a quiet "thank you," Diana began to make her way towards where the woman had pointed. Her impressive height allowed for an easy time maneuvering through the crowd and keeping her destination in sight.

She pushed open the door slowly to reveal a playroom filled with various toys, books, and stuffies; as well as at least twenty other people.

Diana made her way over to a couch where a man with both red and green wristbands was already seated. She smiled politely before taking a seat at the other end and began to watch the group of littles that were currently playing on the mat in the center of the room. Though each person on the mat wore the pink wristband of a little, the fact that they were all currently playing with the toys and stuffies was more than sufficient to indicate their respective role.

After several moments of watching the littles play, Diana's eyes wandered over to the other side of the room where a very small girl sat clutching a stuffed dragon to her chest. A pink wristband was noticeably present on her left arm.

The girl was dressed in a flower-pattern romper with her light brown hair pulled back in a low ponytail. She was swinging her Converse-clad feet back and forth while altogether embodying the feeling of nervousness.

Before she could talk herself out of it, Diana stood and began walking towards the girl with the intention of striking up a conversation.

"Hi. Mind if I take a seat?"

The girl looked a bit hesitant before finally nodding in agreement.

"I'm Diana. What's your name?"

"Emmi."

There was a noticeable pause and Diana wondered if she had made a mistake. The girl didn't seem interested in having a conversation. Nevertheless, she decided to try a little more.

"Not interested in playing with the other littles?"

The girl looked down sadly at the stuffie in her arms. She took a deep breath before continuing.

"I'm scared. This is all new to me. Well, coming to an event and being open about this part of myself."

Diana looked sympathetic at the small girl.

"Want to know a secret? This is all new to me, too. So trust me; I understand."

With both women's admissions, the previous tension seemed to dissipate. The two were then able to fall into easy conversation.

Upon the realization that almost an hour had passed, Diana hesitantly decided that she needed to head home.

"I've really enjoyed talking with you, Emmi. Do you want to maybe exchange numbers? I'd really love to talk more and see you again soon."

"Yes, please!"

Emmi looked sheepish at her sudden burst of excitement. Diana, however, found her enthusiasm endearing.

The two swapped numbers before agreeing that they both needed to head out for the night.

"Talk soon" Diana called before heading to her car.

Emmi waved shyly before turning around and smiling to herself.

Though they had just parted, Diana was already typing up a message to send to Emmi. She didn't want to appear desperate or too forward, but something about the tiny girl had already captivated her.

After arriving back at her apartment a short while later, Diana checked her phone to see a message from Emmi. Apparently, she wasn't alone in wanting to continue talking.

Emmi: Hi. Can we keep talking, please?

Diana: Of course! You don't even have to ask. What's on your mind?

Emmi: Do you really want to see me again?

This question caused the tall woman to frown. More than anything she wanted to spend more time with the adorable girl she had met earlier.

Diana: Very much. I would like to get to know you better.

Waiting for a message from Emmi made Diana feel like a high-schooler. She stared at her phone in anticipation of seeing the girl's name pop up on the screen.

Emmi: Are you sure you're okay with me being a little? And you don't mind that I've never had a mommy?

Diana: More than okay. In fact, why don't we meet up again soon and we can discuss that in person? Would you like that?

After sending the last message, Diana got up to check her calendar and make sure she had no upcoming obligations. A major perk of working freelance in graphic design was the ability to work from home and keep a fairly open schedule.

She returned to her living room couch and picked up her phone to see a response from Emmi.

Emmi: Yes, please. Is tomorrow too soon?

Diana: Not at all.