Chapter 4

Emmi ran her hand over the top of the toy box before gingerly lifting the lid. Inside she found blocks, a rattle, a shape sorter cube, several musical toys, a plush activity elephant, and teethers. The toys all looked so enticing, and as much as she knew wanted to play, the girl was still a bit hesitant to actually do so. Though Diana said she could be as big or little as she wanted, the nervousness about slipping in a new environment were still present.

"Emmi! Come to the kitchen, please."

The brunette made her way to the kitchen where she stood awkwardly near the island and waited for Diana to tell her where to sit. The woman in question turned away from the stove where she had just turned off the burner and gestured the girl to come closer.

"Would you like a regular plate and cup or one of the plates and cups I bought just for you?"

After looking thoughtful for a moment, a shrug was the only response.

"How about this, you can have a big girl plate and fork but we try out one of your sippy cups. Sound good?"

Shyly, the girl nodded before going to take a seat on one of the island chairs. A plate of food with an accompanying fork was placed in front of her along with a sippy cup of milk. After giving a quiet "thank you" she lifted the sippy cup to her lips.

Beside her, Diana was smiling brightly at watching the little one drink her milk. She moved some hair from the side of the girl's face before placing a kiss to her temple. The two then traded pleasant conversation as they ate with Diana taking both plates to the sink after they were done.

As she placed the two plates into the sink, the taller woman felt a small body press against her side. Looking down, she could see the brunette was huddling close to her and was grasping the sippy cup close to her chest with both of her hands.

"You like your sippy cup, sweetheart?"

Emmi nodded slowly and attempted to press herself even closer to the woman's side.

"Someone is feeling snuggly, huh?"

Without waiting for a response, Diana bent down and placed her hands under the girls armpits and easily lifted her onto her hip. A tiny squeak was let out due to the sudden movement, but Emmi immediately found she loved being held like this. Up close she was able to further take in Diana's blue eyes, flawless face, and beautiful raven hair.

"You pretty" she mumbled and looking back down at her sippy cup.

"Thank you, baby. You're my little cutie, you know that?"

The girl in her arms blushed and buried her head in the taller woman's neck. Diana made her feel so little in so many ways. Her soft voice and touch, her kind demeanor, and their drastic difference in height all made Emmi feel tiny. She had always seen her 4'10" and 90lb frame as a bit of a disadvantage, but now it served to help make her feel incredibly little in the presence of her caretaker.

"Baby, how little are you right now?"

No response save for a tiny shrug were given; prompting Diana to try and continue babying the girl a bit more. She carried her into the nursery and gently placed her on the ground.

The loss of contact caused the girl to whimper and drop her sippy cup as she held her arms up to signify wanting to be held again.

Diana smoothed some hair on the girl's head down before stepping away to open the bottom drawer of the dresser. While she had some reservations about diapering Emmi so soon, she appeared very little and Diana was unsure as to how much bladder control she had when in headspace.