❀Chapter Six❀

Chapter Six - The Day of my Appointment.

“So, how did it feel?” Joanna wiggled his eyebrows with a toothy grin.

Joanna couldn't stop talking and teasing me about the moment– me and Rivera shared that day we went out.

“It felt amazing” I said, blushing hard.

“I'm most definitely jealous” I rolled my eyes playfully at that “So, when are you guys going on your second date?” He asked, punching my arm playfully.

“I told you it wasn't a date to begin with”.

“It sure sounds like one”.

“Well, it wasn't” I told him, as I was getting ready for my appointment with Rivera in like a few minutes from now.

“Are you gonna talk to her about it?” Joanna asked, as he was in my room, while I was in my bathroom changing.

“I want to;I mean y'know how much she means to me” I said as I walked out, wearing a blouse and some skinny jeans.

“What if it was just a struck of a moment? or because she just wanted to steal your first kiss?”.

“I don't think Rivera is like that” I told him “And plus, I actually don't mind her stealing my first kiss, cause that was actually on my bucket list to kiss someone that I love”.

“Maybe that's just it – maybe she knows you have feelings for her and just kissed you – because that's part of your list” I looked at him like he was crazy, cause I for sure know that wasn't the case;I mean..

“Stop saying nonsense and take me to my appointment” I told him, hearing him let out an amused chuckle.

“You owe me one, if I'm right” He said with smirk, which I just rolled my eyes at that.

When Joanna dropped me off to my appointment and this time we were early.

I just waited patiently for Rivera to see me in the room, which was a first that she's late this time, since she's normally always waiting for me, when I arrived at the hospital.

Not even a minute later, Rivera came into the room, beautiful as ever. I noticed that she looked a little troubled, but then when she noticed me in the room– her frown quickly turned into a smile.

“Ava, I didn't know you were here” Rivera looked at her watch “You're ten minutes early” She said a little surprised.

“Better early than never, am I right?” I felt dumb actually saying that, giving myself a mental slap in the face.

“I think it's better late than never” Rivera chuckled, as she flipped through the pages on her clipboard “Anyways, I'll be giving you your chemo for today – only because Jean had a family emergency – so she's off” She informed me, hearing that made me blush. Because Rivera would be able to touch me. God, that sounded so wrong..

“So you just relax while I get everything prepared” I just nodded and sat comfortably on the bed, swinging my legs back and forth.

I wasn't sure whether I should bring up the kiss or not. I didn't know how she would react and plus I didn't want her to feel weird or anything.

Also, make her mad. God, I need to stop over thinking. I mentally rolled my eyes. I know I would feel better if it's finally out there, since it's driving me nuts.

“Earth to Ava” I heard Rivera snapped her fingers. I got startled a little. I was to busy in my own head to notice Rivera standing in front of me.

“You okay?” Rivera felt my forehead to check if I had a fever or anything, but I just reassured her that I was perfectly fine.