❀Chapter Twenty Two❀

Chapter Twenty Two - An unexpected surprise.

“God, why is it so hard to find a job?” Joanna groaned, completely exhausted.

Every since that day, that Joanna got kicked out of his parents house. I've been helping him look for a job. So, we've just been signing job applications nonstop and the reason why is– because since Joanna ain't living under his father's roof anymore, obviously his dad ain't gonna pay for his college expenses.

Also, we were currently at this small cafe that was near the college that we were attending instead of our usual hang out, which was Harby's– because Joanna didn't want to chance bumping into Raii, cause he obviously works there and owns the place with his father.

“Don't worry, I'm sure at least one of these companies will call you” I assured him.

“Thanks, I hope so” He said with a weak smile “Or else my college days are over” He breathed out, looking sadly up to the ceiling.

“Well, I can always ask my dad if you can work with him and his brother” I suggested.

“No, no it's fine” Joanna quickly told me, looking over to me “Your parents are helping me enough already by making me stay with you guys”.

“Okay then, but if you change your mind – just let me know” I told him, seeing him nod.

“Well, why don't we finish up here” Joanna said looking at all the unfinished paperwork that we haven't got to yet.

It took like almost an hour for us to completely finish signing applications.

“Yes, finally we're done” Joanna said relieved that we're finish, as he relaxes back into his chair.

“I think I prefer homework than signing another application” I said feeling like my hand was about to fall off.

“I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree”.

“Well, lets–” I paused, feeling my phone vibrate– indicating that I got a message, checking to see who it was from and it was from Rivera, which automatically brought a smile to face.

“Let me guess, your lovely doctor” Joanna said, knowingly, as he had a slight smirk on his face.

“I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to give my girlfriend my attention” I teased, seeing him roll his eyes playfully.

“Whatever, do what you need to do lover girl” I just rolled my eyes at that god awful nickname, but still had a smile on my face.

My Future💍; Hey, I miss you ❤️

Me; I miss you more~ ❤️❤️

I was smiling like an idiot right now.

My Future💍; Where are you? Home? School?

Me; Done with school. I'm just with Joanna right now.

My Future💍; Free to hang out later? And plus, I have something to tell you.

Me; Obviously, I'm always free for you ❤️

I could feel myself blushing when I sent that, followed by.

Me; Also, what do you want to tell me?

My Future💍; You better ;) & I prefer to tell you in person.

So, just tell Joanna to drop you off at Bittersweet around 4 o'clock.

Me; Okay, will do.