19 |10, 15, Amsterdam Dinner|

A/N - hello hellooo. LONG ⏰ 🙅‍♀️ 🌊

----

The day was coming to an end, finally reaching 7 pm. Chaeyoung wasn't even sure what had happened. She had scrolled through TikTok for more than 6 hours, and the next thing she realized was her stomach growling. It was too tempting to avoid what she was about to do next - walk to the temptation cupboard that contained her favorite ramen.

It never hurt to treat herself....for the 4th time this week. For doing what? Solely existing and being beautiful. Too lazy to cook a proper healthy meal, she resorted to instant food that would take less than 5 minutes.

Having this childish grin on her face, as if she won 10 bags of Halloween candy, she ripped open the Ramen package, placing it on the countertop. Taking a small pot, poured about a cup of water, turning the stove on high.

Breaking the dry noodles in half, carefully placing it in the pot, she cut a little bit of the extra package that contained the flavourful powder and sauce.

Tapping her fingers against her thighs, her excitement was cut short, once she heard her phone ring loudly in the living area. Half running, half jogging towards her phone, a smile crept on her face once she saw her sister's name on the caller ID.

"Jesus." Chaeyoung gasped, reaching for her phone that was placed on the coffee table. 

She excitedly answered the phone, "Hey sis."

"No, this is your mother." The smile on her face turned to a frown, faster than the flash. To say the least, her mom and her haven't been getting along too well. It was nothing major, well...except the fact that her mother seemed to hate Jimin for a reason chaeyoung still doesn't know today. Chaeyoung wouldn't be surprised if Alice had told her mother that the relationship was over. Her mother must be ecstatic.

She quickly walked back to the kitchen, taking a pair of chopsticks to mix around the noodles. 

"Look mom, if you're going to say 'I told you jimin wasn't meant for you,' and all that jazz, i don't need or want to hear it."

"You are not with Jimin anymore?" There was genuine confusion in her voice, making Chaeyoung close her eyes and tighten her jaw.

Ah shit. Maybe she shouldn't have brought up jimin.

"Isn't that why you called?" Chaeyoung asked hesitantly.

"No of course not. I don't care about that man."

"You know, considering that I am no longer with him. Mom, I want to know why you hate Jimin. All these years, you never explained why. I want to know. I deserve to know, don't I?"

"Chaeyoung-ah, we'll talk about this another time. The reason why I called was for something else."

Chaeyoung sighed, but she wasn't going to let this slide. But first, she wanted to hear what her mother had to say. "What is it?" Hurry up, I've got ramen waiting for me.  She turned the stove off, taking a bowl from the cupboard. Putting the phone down on the countertop, the phone was now on speaker. 

"We're having a family dinner." The excitement was heard in her mother's voice, but Chaeyoung did not feel the same. 

I'm not even surprised.  Chaeyoung poured the ramen into the bowl, the wonderful smell reaching her nose, taking in the spices.

"Where?" Chaeyoung came from a wealthy family, similar to Jimin's. What they both had in common from an early age was their similar mindset of wanting to 'blend in', instead of really spending the money they had. They didn't like to show off, nor did they want to act like they were broke. They just wanted to live a comfortable life, spending the right amount of riches on things that were long-lasting. So when they both met and realized they came from a wealthy family, it was like 'love at first sight'. Ha, what did they both know about love anyway, at such a young age?