Who would've believe that !

Violet : Rather , let's ask the book directly to Professor Rattcliff .

Pamela : Yes ! Geat idea !

They all nodded and went without delay to the teacher's office . Violet explained the situation to her , without however revealing that all the copies of the play had been borrowed by Vanilla . Professor Rattcliff handed Violet her personal copy of Romeo and Juliet .

Margaret : Don't worry , take my copy !

Thea Sisters and Dina : YAY !! Thank you so much !!

Margaret : I made sure to order a book from New-Mouse for each student . They will arrive tomorrow and we will distribute it to all those who could not find it . And above all , prepare well ; only involvement and talent can move you forward !

The Thea Sisters and Dina left the office , amazed . The professor Rattcliff , the most feared teacher at the academy , was kind and helpful !

Pamela : Wow ! Can you believe that ? I always thought she was strictest professor , but she's being super-nice !

Paulina : I thought too ! I've always liked her !

Dina and Nicky started to run like the children .

Nicky : Come on , mate !

Dina : We need to tell everybody the good news !

But the girls were not the only ones to be amazed . On the second floor of Mouseford Academy , the gecko club had been keeping the door closed for hours . The candidates for the role of Romeo debated who among them would be most likely to win . The great favorite was Craig Brightman , that would get the part of Romeo . He was handsome and charming , and he loved being the center of attentio . He seemed made for the role .

Craig : That Romeo was a real tough guy , like me ! I would be perfect for the part !

But his roommate , Shen Morson , who was too shy to speak , disagreed . He knew this tragedy well , he knew that the character was also very tender , sensitive and a sweet dreamer like him . The role would suit him much better than Craig . And the Juliet of his dreams was Pamela . Shen was dreaming .

Shen :《 Ah , i would love to be on stage with her and be able hold her hand...》

But he is awakened from his dreams by Craig who shook him suddenly .

Craig : Hey Shen ! Wake up Shen ! Don't you agree with me ?

Shen : Huh ? What ?

Shen almost dropped the pile of books he was carrying . All the other boys laughed at him .

Shen : O-of course ! Completely agree ! ...But...What were you saying already , Brightman ?

Craig : I was just saying that i should be the official member of the Gecko who tries out for Romeo , sleepyhead !

Shen saw the image of Pamela on the balcony dissipate like a mirage in the middle of the desert .

??? : You're not the only one with a chance , Brightman .

The one who spoke was Vic de Vissen , Vanilla's twin brother . All this time , he was in his corner without saying a word ... until now . Vic always had a mysterious air and enjoyed a certain respect in the club , even if no one found him particularly friendly . He no much spoke , but nothing seemed to escape him . His magnetic personality met that of the other boys , puzzled .

Vic : I am a candidat .

Craig : You ? Tsk ! Who else could play Romeo ? Not Shen , that's for sure !

Vexed , Shen lowered his head .

Craig : And I thought you didn't like competitions !

Vic : It turns out that this is not a competition , but a play , and one of the most beautiful that has ever been written !

Craig : Ha ! I don't believe you even if you read it !

Vic : I can prove it to you if you don't believe me .

And so , to everyone's surprise , Vic began to declaim from memory , and by putting a lot of feeling into it , Shen recognized that it was the scene , where Romeo had declared his flame to Juliet ... he was really good ! When he was finished , he left the room without saying anything . The other boys remain speechless . Craig shrugged .

Craig : He was all right , this guy .

Shen smiles admiring Vic's talent .

Shen : Now , that is the perfect Romeo !

Craig : Shut up , Shen .