Chapter 2: Why

Your POV

I was 8 years old when it happened. I've had my quirk for a few months only. My quirk was late in development because of how mature my mind already acted.

I was walking alone, Everyone was talking with my brother, trespassing and cheering him on no matter what. As I walked, I had gotten captured by the same villain that would take Katsuki in 7 years.

Screaming was pointless since no one was even near and I had no other choice. So I used my only option and used my quirk. When I did, I was literally thrown into the sea and noticed that I had obliterated the sludge villain.

Shakily, I ran home and told mom and dad everything, crying in their arms. That was the day I deemed myself to dangerous to use my quirk, but I still trained it so then I wouldn't lose control of it.

I jumped out of my thoughts and looked around. Currently, I was sitting in my seat for class with that Kirishima guy standing in front of me.

"Hey. Sorry for zoning out like that. What were you saying?" Once I asked, I noticed his frown.

"I asked you how come you don't have a quirk. I mean, your brother has one and it's crazy cool. But you don't... It takes a lot of courage to try and be a hero without 1. So I promise to always be by your side when you need me the most!" Kirishima cheered before sitting down next to me.

"Oh-!! Thank you, Kirishima, right? But I think I'll mostly be alright. I have Katsuki to help me as well." Even though that's what I say, I know it's not true. Katsuki has never helped me when I was in trouble or danger or anything. He's the main reason for me being in trouble and/or danger.

Kirishima watched me, humming softly before nodding. "If you say so. You two are polar opposites, so it would amaze me if he actually was as protective as you say."

Nodding, I give Kirishima a gentle hug. "You can call me by my first name, (Name)." Pulling back from the hug, we were both smiling brightly.

--Time Skip to Training--

All Might was trying to get us to expand our quirk's power. I have to sit out and take notes for when I'm fighting on the field.

As I was taking notes, Katsuki decided to blast everyone with a giant explosion, bigger than any he's produced before. It sent everyone, but himself and all might, flying.

Everyone groaned and started moving. I felt arms around my waist, holding me to make sure I wasn't hurt. When I looked at who it was, I couldn't really say I was shocked. The problem is that he is currently wearing his hero costume and I was currently laying on his chest while we stare at each other. His hands are on my waist, mine is on his chest. We scrambled to separate, both of us a bit flustered.

Walking back to the circle of people, I couldn't help but look back at Kirishima. Giving him a bright smile, I looked forward once again.

That day I had gained a demon at age 8. The demon was my quirk. Similar to my brothers, but stronger in every way. I never wanted to use it, but dad forced me to train it to be safe.

That demon is standing behind me as my brother creates his biggest explosions. It looks just like me, but with 1 red glowing eye and hair covering the other. It looks terrifying to me. But it shall never win.