True Feelings

An hour later (Y/N) is being rushed into the hospital with Reid running by her side holding her hand. "Reid," he looks up to meet Hotch's gaze, "you need to let them do their job" he looks back at the women laying on the gurney before hesitantly letting go of her hand allowing the medics to wheel her off. A small hand lightly lands on his shoulder, he turns to see JJ, which he immediately hugs, after a few minutes she pulls away looking at the cut on his forehead, "Come on Spence, let's get that checked out." One of the nurses at the front desk takes Reid back to get checked for a concussion, which thankfully was not the case, and ended up getting stitches for the cut.

***********************************************************************

Thirty minutes later he returns to the waiting room to see the whole team, Garcia is the first to notice him, giving a worried smile pulling him into a tight hug. "Oh baby boy, I was so worried about you" he returns the hug placing his chin on her shoulder. Garcia pulls him to the empty seat between her and Morgan, "Have you heard anything yet?" "They currently have her in surgery for her knee" all Reid can do is nod, as the team sits in silence waiting to hear any news about (Y/N). 

***********************************************************************

Reid tries to relax, leaning his head against the wall before closing his eyes, as soon as his eyes close his mind is filled with thoughts of (Y/N). The first being the day she walked into the conference room, he was not sure what to think of her at first, he had just gotten used to having Prentiss on the team and then Kate had to leave, which he understood, he just was not ready for a big change. The second memory was from their first-day undercover, he could tell she was nervous about doing or saying something wrong and he tried to comfort her, but he honestly felt the same about the situation, his thoughts of her started to change at that moment, they were able to be themselves in front of each other without fear. That specific thought only became stronger over the last few days, he had opened up to her more than anyone else before, he did not mind physical contact, in fact, he actually enjoyed holding her hand while skating, and having his arms around her while they slept and danced, and it scared him that he did not know why he was acting this way. When he opened his eyes, he was met with stares from Morgan and Garcia. 

***********************************************************************

"Nice for you to be back with us pretty boy" Morgan grinned patting him on the shoulder, Reid leans forward in his chair, placing his face in his hands, "What's wrong" he felt a hand on his knee, "I really don't know" Garcia gives a worried look over his shoulder to Morgan, who just shrugs, "What do you mean?" it is silent a few minutes before anyone speaks, "Pretty boy, we can't help if you don't talk to us" "I just keep having these thoughts about the case," he sighs relaxing back into the chair "Reid, we all have thoughts about the cases, we remember the victims, unsubs and the crimes in general, there's nothing strange about that." Reid turns his head to Morgan, "That's not what I'm talking about, I keep thinking about (Y/N)," he gives a nervous laugh running his fingers through his hair again, "maybe I'm just worried about what happened with the unsub" the two other agents make eye contact grinning, "Oh sweetie, I really think there's more to it than that" this time it is Garcia who breaks the silence, he turns noticing a grin, "What do you mean?" "I think you like her" "No that can't be it" he goes to move his hands back to his head, but the action is stopped by Garcia's own, "Reid, just this once, stop thinking with this," she lightly pokes him in the head, "and start listening to this" she places her hand over his heart. He sighs, before the thoughts from earlier come rushing back, he was not sure why he felt so comfortable with her without really knowing her, liking her would explain a lot, he could not help the smile that crossed his face as he thought about the way she smiles, her laugh, how on certain words her southern accent was very noticeable, and lastly he thought about how she made him feel safe, loved and human. "You're right," he turned to fully face Garcia with a bright smile, "I think I love her" this lead to a squeal from Garcia, along with a tight hug, and a pat on the back from Morgan.