Celebration

The next afternoon the doctor comes in to discuss (Y/N)'s injuries, "How are you feeling today?" "I'm great, but I'm kinda ready to go home" he smiles while looking at her file, "Well, everything looks good on your report, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to leave today. There are a few things that I have to inform you about first," a worried expression crosses her face, "don't worry it's nothing bad, as a doctor I have to inform you of the injuries and the healing process" she lets a breath as he continues, "thankfully nothing was broken, the impact just wasn't hard enough, but you did have a sprain and a torn muscle. The surgery helped with fixing the tear, but for the next few weeks you will have to be careful, for the first three weeks you will have a metal brace and have to use crutches, the last three you will be able to walk with just the brace afterwards I want you to meet with a doctor to check up with the healing process and they will either decide to keep you on the brace or if you are ready to go to a knee stabilizer. Now, why don't I go get the paperwork so you can head home." "Thanks doctor" he smiles handing her his card before heading out the door. Fifteen minutes later two nurses come in one carrying paperwork and a set of scrubs while the other carries crutches and a metal brace. "I'll call the team to let them know what's going on" Garcia gets off the couch, heading to make the call in the hall. The second nurse walks over, leaning the crutches against the wall before carefully showing (Y/N) how to put on the brace. "Just as the doctor said, you will be wearing this for six weeks half that time you will need to avoid putting pressure on your knee after the first three you are able to start gradually putting pressure" (Y/N) nods paying close attention to how the brace works. Once the brace is in place the nurse helps (Y/N) swing her legs off the side of the bed, while the other hands her the papers to sign, after going through the paperwork a few times to make sure everything was correct (Y/N) hands it back to the nurse, "Thank you, now why don't you get changed and start practicing with these, while you wait for your ride" after the nurses leave and the door is closed, (Y/N) slides the bottoms over her braced knee first and then her other, before taking one crutch to stand without putting pressure on her knee, to pull up the pants up to her waist, she then makes her way to the chair at the side of the bed in order to sit, in order to replace the nightgown with the shirt given to her. Once completely dressed there is a knock on the door, "Come in" Garcia walks in smiling, "Look at you, ready to go?" (Y/N) nods her head with a smile using the crutches to makes her way out the door following Garcia to the waiting area, her smile widens when she sees the rest of the team. "Like the new look baby girl" "Really, cause I don't think it's my style" she jokes back with Morgan, as she walks to the group, "Ready to go home" she turns to face JJ. "Definitely" this earns a laugh from everyone. "Then let's not keep you waiting, Hotch and Rossi are outside waiting." They all head to exit with Garcia and (Y/N) leading, followed by JJ and Prentiss carrying the balloons and the clothes (Y/N) had on when she came in, while Morgan and Reid carried the flowers and stuff animal.

***********************************************************************

After checking out of their hotel and grabbing lunch, the team finds themselves on the jet heading home. (Y/N) sat on the couch with her knee propped up on a pillow, she smiles looking at the team, that she had come to know and love, she watched as JJ and Hotch showed Garcia pictures of their sons and the plans they had made for their next off day, while Rossi, Morgan, and Prentiss sat at the table on the opposite side of the jet playing cards. She was starting to wonder how she was going to be able to leave them once all the paperwork was complete, she gave a sigh as a tear slide down her cheek, "Hey, are you okay?" she was so lost in her thoughts that she did not hear Reid come up, "Yeah, I'm fine" she quickly rubs the tear away, before turning her attention up to him with a small smile, he awkwardly places his hands in his pockets before continuing, "Um do you mind if I sit" "Of course not" she goes to move her leg but is stopped by a gentle hand on her calf. She gives another smile as he carefully lifts her leg taking the now empty seat before placing her leg back down, allowing her to use his lap to prop her knee, "You sure you're okay?" she leans her side against the back of the couch as he strokes the skin just above her ankle. "I've just been thinking" "About what?" There is a pause of silence before she answers, "the team" her attention goes back to the others with a sad smile, he follows her gaze, "I guess you'll be heading back to school soon" "Yeah" she looks at him, before scooting closer to him shifting her leg where her knee is now hovering over his lap, laying her head on his shoulder and grasping his hand, "I'm going to miss you guys" he leans his head against hers, enjoying the warmth of her hand.