PR || Dandelion

PROLOGUE :: DANDELION

5 DAYS LEFT BEFORE
THE START OF SCHOOL
YEAR 2019-2020.

"This is Keigo Takami. 20 years old. About to repeat my 3rd year as an Aviation student, wanting to die." He clicked the recorder and started chuckling to himself before pressing the button to continue.

"Well, honestly, maybe I just want to finish this course but I don't have much motivation to do so. Besides the fact that I'll be a few miles off the ground, trying not to kill people with me. It has always been my dream to become a pilot." He smiles.

"My therapist, she told me, that if I started recording how my school year would start and then compare them to how it ended... I might see some minor or major improvements with my perceptions in life." Keigo stared at the wall in front of him.

"Maybe I'd be full of color or I'll meet someone that'll change my life. Who knows?" He continues. "Do people even still believe in fate? I certainly am apprehensive. I kind of made myself believe that that shit's for people who become too far-flung in life."

He stood up. "And maybe I have become too far-flung. What has my life succumbed to?"

Before he could continue, there was a knock on his door that made him click the recorder to a stop. He waited for a few minutes before the person that knocked entered his apartment. Keigo smiled at the man in front of him and placed a hand on his chest as a sign of relief.

"I thought I was getting mugged or robbed by someone." He confessed which made the male in front of him chuckle and shake his head.

"What can I do for you, Dabi?"

Dabi smiled at Keigo, slightly patting his back. Dabi was always taller than Keigo and that always intimidated him slightly. They had been friends since high school and they had been watching each other's backs since. They would never turn each other down, let alone disappoint one another with a broken promise.