15 || Tuscan Sun

———

———

———

— "A story has no beginning or end: arbitrarily one chooses that moment of experience from which to look back or from which to look ahead.

———

CHAPTER FIFTEEN :: TUSCAN SUN

1 DAY BEFORE DEPARTURE

SUNDAY
12:40 PM

There was something wrong with Keigo today and you can't seem to pinpoint the reason why. You were both sitting at a restaurant, eating your lunch but he keeps shaking his leg. Truth is, he's been nervous the whole time because he wanted to finally pop the question. But much to his dismay, most of today's first attempts end up with him backing out due to his nervousness or due to untimely interventions.

"Are you alright?" your voice echoed through Keigo's thoughts making him look up from his food, nodding. "You seem a little out of it. Tell me the truth."

"I do? Am I?" Keigo nervously smiled. "I'm out?"

"Keigo."

"I'm sorry, sunflower. I don't know why I'm nervous as well." he lied but managed to bust out a smile. His forehead was starting to bead with sweat and his breathing was erratic. You raised your brow worriedly to this but proceeded not to push it any further and just continued to eat the food in front of you.

Keigo stared as you ate your food and felt the box in his pocket. It was small but he was sure that it was there, he gave a silent sigh of relief and continued to eat as well. The past few days had been amazing for both of you and it had felt like nothing really changed between how you act towards each other. One thing that was evident though was that both of you know how to handle situations maturely now and you were finally going steady with your lives.