Chapter 3 | ces yeux rouges

ces yeux rouges

ces yeux rouges

Those red eyes

5 years later

IT is a mystery how life can change in a blink of the eye. Certainty is a joke, a word just created for the sense of comfort for the humans. But even we know that nothing in this world goes as planned, and it is this uncertainty that makes life worth living. 

Sometimes, though, it breaks hearts rather than mending them. One decision can change your life, forever. 

It has been five years since I returned to my kingdom and even now, people discuss about what a day it was. How the princess did something so scandalous. What they don't know is that this princess doesn't care about the fact that they are doing her character assassination. Because she knew that in the end they would come running to her when anything goes wrong in their lives.

But that was in the case of the nobles only, and that too a few of them. The commoners didn't pay much attention to the news, they believed that the princess is an epitome of perfection and if I had broken someone's heart, there must be a genuine reason. I was thankful of it, though, since I did care about what my people, the commoners thought of me.   

I did discriminate between the people of my kingdom, I always put the commoners first since they were the only ones that made me feel that whatever I did was worth something. They made me feel loved - when I would visit their bakeries, play football with their kids or even help them harvest their crops. I truly believed that they were what our kingdom was made of, and if there isn't a smile on their face then all my attempts are futile.

And then, came by dear brothers. They weren't upset with my decision, in fact they respected it. And it is because of that, now we are closer than ever. Their wives weren't a hurdle, they were just a new addition to our bond, however sacred it might be. 

Katrina was indeed a beautiful and simple woman, with her charcoal black hair and light red eyes. She was the daughter of a peasant before she discovered that she was the prince's mate and how exciting their love story was. She has been like my elder sister, making sure I have my food on time and treating me with spa visits whenever the work gets to me. 

She gave birth to Orrin, or Junior as we call him since he shares the name with father, three years ago. Being a royal Ruby, Junior aged exceptionally fast and his intellectual level was above the kids of his own age. But we insured that he gets a normal childhood with delightful memories before he is sent to train. He is the future heir to the throne, after all. 

Zara is two months pregnant, and of course under my strict supervision since pregnancy is tough for those carrying royal babies in their womb. The same was in the case of Katrina.