Chapter 12 | le prince

le prince

le prince

The prince

IT HAS been a week since we came to the kingdom of the Emeralds. I haven't gone to high school yet as I wished to first be known about the Emeralds more. We have studied about them during training but I want to observe them closely. They seem normal, I think. They venture out, buy things and party. Machines are a big part of their lives but besides that, I find them pleasant. They respect the royals a lot, something that I missed too about my kingdom. 

There were malls with big television screens that would display all sort of advertisements. Then the phone was something that connected them to the outer world. It felt weird to me initially, but Sir Luther said that it will help build my online profile. The kids in high school use that a lot, he claims, and it would help me connect with them better. I am not here to be friends with Emeralds but I need a way to gain their trust so that I could keep a tab on them.

The royals have been on my mind for quite some time now. I installed something Pamela calls as apps on my phone. One is called Facebook and the other is Instagram. She helped create a profile of mine there. It was nerve-wracking to pose for the photos but she said that that's what teenagers do here nowadays. I had to dress up nicely and pose. It was just like what I did when I was a princess, though I would say it is more casual and fake now. 

The warriors who had settled there, they called themselves the Pack, have followed me there. They liked the photos and whatnot. It feels weird when my phone would vibrate at night and I will get some kind of notification on those apps. I then handed them to Pamela. She was my social media handler now and I did what she asked. She said I had to appear as rich and important for the royals to even notice me.

I knew she was right, it was a thing all of us had. The rich were considered as important as they will help fund the army in our kingdom. It was essential to maintain a good relationship with them. We didn't impose much tax on the people, hence these funds were needed. I think the same goes here but Sir Luther says that being rich helps develop support and connection here as well as helps in business. It felt odd to me at first, but the Emeralds seem to take business very seriously. Being rich is considered cool here, so that's how I am supposed to be.

I had looked through the profile of Prince Edward and I had to say, he was handsome. He had the perfectly toned body with delightful abs that will make any girl droll over them. He had brown hair, with some red highlights in them. His green eyes screamed that he was a brat but his body language displayed his confidence. He didn't hesitate to post his half-naked photos online, which I considered was stupid considering he was a prince. He had to maintain some decorum too. What kind of example does he set for the kingdom?

The online searches about him are positive. He isn't the power-hungry womaniser I thought he must have been. He doesn't party that much, respect his people and I have to say, people adore him. He has been truthful to Caroline all these years and doesn't hesitate to show public affection. I find it quite disapproving, but he has his ways now. I can't question him. His policies for the people are quite impressing but we Rubies have it better. We will always be better than them, even now.