Chapter 33 | échapper à lui

échapper à lui

échapper à lui

escaping from him

TODAY is the day.

The first ball is today. And to say I am nervous will be an understatement. I am a wreck.

"Okay, all the deliveries have been made and now, you just need to help the queen with dressing. So, we are heading to the castle." Damien says and I nod.

All my designs have proved to be magnificent. I know I am good, then why hide it? yes, there is an insecurity building up inside of me that someone will design a gown better than me, but I doubt it. My taste is different and being an ex-royal gives you a good insight in fashion.

This time, though, I think I have outdone myself. I have spent hours living in my office, burning midnight oil, to perfect my gowns. My magic had helped me a lot, giving the extra spark to the gowns. I am sure no body will be able to pull that up.

I have checked the gowns of other clients as well – I have a reputation to uphold. Just given them a little bit touch of me. I know my clients are excited, the look on their face when I showed them their gowns was splendid. I have had too many thank yous for a day but then, I never said I didn't like them.

My phone buzzes and it's Jordan.

I pick up the phone.

"Hey, Liv." He says.

"Hey, you. What's up?" I ask him.

Him and I have got closer in past few days. In fact, if it wasn't for the ball, I am pretty sure he would be living in with me. Our daily morning sessions are on and his combat skills have improved. He is yet to master his magic skills but he is getting there. He is a fast learner, thank God.

His football training is going well with the match being in two days. I am sure he will win, and I am going to be there to cheer up for him. I don't care that I am from the rival team, I don't owe anything to my school. I will support my friend over my school team, any day. Moreover, he is a good guy. He would make sure I have had my lunch and dinner, even though Damien had already checked on that. He would be there to cheer me up when I will get frustrated during work.

In short, he is there for me. It feels natural to be with him, just like it was to be with his mother. He did have a few good qualities of Nani and I was grateful for that.

"Are we up for the match?" he asks.

"Yes, of course." I reply.

"Great. And I want you to wear my jersey." He says.

I hesitate for a moment. Wearing his jersey will be making our friendship public. That means students in our school will come to know about us, and then, the teachers and the principal. The last thing I want them is to think that I completely disrespect the school guidelines. But then, I had the attendance under check, thanks to Damien. I shouldn't be worried.