Chapter 31 | ami

ami

ami

friend

I HAD finally finished setting up my penthouse. It took a lot of time, but without magic it could have taken days. I had left two room upstairs for Damien and the third was my work room. I had bought all the things from the market today, after school was finished and I have to say, I have done a pretty good job.

I hadn't gone to the shop today, but I will start working there from tomorrow. I had many clients to deal with and I had scheduled them for next week. The ball is coming soon and I have a reputation to behold. My designs have to be the best, my company has to be the centre of attention.

I walk downstairs and hear my phone ringtone. I find it on the sofa but the caller ID isn't saved on my phone. I pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Olivia baby?" I hear a woman on the other line and I instantly know who it is.

"Nani?!"

I am shocked that she is still here. I had thought she would have left with others. Why is she still here is beyond me. Moreover, why is she calling me? I am sure she knows what happened.... every Ruby does.

"My little baby, are you fine? Should I come over? I heard that you got injured." She says with concern in her voice.

I sigh. I clearly don't know what to do. I have always loved her, she was like a mother figure to me. Can I push away the woman who was there for me when I grew up? Who used to stay awake for me when I was sick? I don't think so. I might be changed now, but I am not heartless.

"Nani, there is no need for you to come. I am fine. I have got my life back on track and nothing can stop me now." I reply.

She hesitates for a moment.

"Olivia baby, you were injured. I don't think so you are fine. I am coming to you, and I don't want to hear any excuses." She says.

I know there is nothing stopping her, she does what she wants to do. She still someone who I will listen too always, her advise to me was never wrong. But I have a feeling that she is going to say something that I won't like when she comes here.

"Okay. Come whenever you want to. But, why are you still here?" I ask her.

"Because of our son, Olivia. Jordan has a match coming up and moreover, I don't want him involved in the war. I want him to have a peaceful life as of now, and then he will decide what he wants to do. Me and Michael will always support him." she says.

I can feel the worry in her voice. She loved her son a lot and I kind of felt obligated to help him because Nani meant a lot to me. After all, I hadn't met him at all, it would be good to meet someone once in a while.