Chapter 23 | baisers volés

baisers volés

baisers volés

Stolen kisses

"THERE must be something wrong, Nani. No one has two soulmates. And a ruby princess certainly doesn't have an Emerald prince as the soulmate. You must have seen the wrong mark. Do the magic again. Please." I tell her.

She takes her hands in mine and I feel Michael's hands on my shoulders trying to calm down. But how can I calm down?

"The First Borns must be mistaken. I should perform a sacrifice and call upon them. They must have done a mistake." I tell them, but it is more like I am trying to tell myself that there is another way.

Now I know why there were sparks when I touched Edward. Why I couldn't think straight when I was with him. Our encounter in his room had triggered our bond because at that time I had felt something for him. I had replied to his call for our bond, even though I had no idea what had I done. I would have never done it if I knew the reality. And now, I have bought misery upon me. I can't reject him, for rejection I must announce my full name and reveal my true identity and that will just endanger everyone. The Emeralds will know of our betrayal and there will be war again. We can't afford another war amid everything that's happening.

But I can't have Edward as my soulmate. I need to find another way to be away from him. I have Xavier whom I love with all my heart. Oh God, Xavier. How will he react to the news that I am not only his to take? No, I can't tell him. He will be hurt and it will break me. I need to do something.

"It wasn't the First Borns who blessed you with Edward, Olivia. The mark was different and the magic that radiated from it was older and stronger than the First Borns. Your bond with Edward is stronger than your bond with Xavier." she says and my heart breaks.

Stronger than my bond with Xavier? Great, now I have to fight with all my heart to resist the pull towards him. I will not give in; I am the Ruby princess and I hate the Emeralds. I will never give my heart to an Emerald prince, no matter what it takes. I will find a way to break our bond but I will not be his. My heart belongs to Xavier and Xavier alone.

I get up, ready to leave. I have to go back; it was getting late and I have an hour journey back.

"I will be heading back, now. Here are my number and address. I don't know why you don't come to visit but I want to see you more often now." I tell them and they simply nod.

Concern in written all over their face but I don't want their comfort now. I have to think rationally now, I will make sure to push Edward away from me as much as possible. I will make him hate me as much as I hate him. I can't reject him but I can push him away. Last night was an example, he had slept with Caroline despite the bond and I knew I had a chance. I know that he knows that I am his soulmate but I will make him regret the First Borns blessing me as his mate.