Sports Festival?

"Guys did you watch the news last night?"

Many people are around were buzzing about the news, and how we had all gotten a few seconds of screen time, blah blah...

Meanwhile, I layed my head on the desk waiting for the 'insomnia butterfly' to show up. Or at least a substitute because of his injuries. But I'm betting that HES coming in, a sub wouldn't usually be this late to a class, only Aizawa Sensei would be.

"Yuki-chan, you saw the news right? Wow, it was so cool, we were actually on television." Mina squeals.

Well I was twice technically, but she doesn't need to know that part...

"Well I-"

"SHUT UP, GROW A PAIR LOSER!" A familiar ash blonde boy yells. Well, this time I wouldn't really blame him, that perverted loser has it coming.

"Uhh, Tsu! Who do you thinks gonna teach class today?" Mina asks her.

"No idea. Aizawa Sensei is still healing." She responds. I wonder why she cares about him so deeply? Is that just her or—

"Good morning class."

"AIZAWA SENSEI WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Everyone asks shocked.

"Welcome back. Glad your okay." Ida greets.

"You call that...okay?" Uraraka replies. He was wrapped in bandages from head to toe, not leaving a single inch of skin exposed. I have to say, who ever wrapped him up did a pretty decent job...

"My well being doesn't matter, what matters is that your fight isn't over yet." He says. Everyone in the class including me was confused.

"The villains are backkkk?" Mineta yelps and hides his face in his arms.

"The U.A. sports festival is coming up." He says. Kirishima cheers, while the rest of the class yells at our teacher for scaring them. I watch in slight amusement. He really got me there too, for a second.

"Let's go kick some butt!" Kirishima yells.

"Hold on, is it really a good idea to hold the festival right after the attack?" Someone asks.

"The ministry thinks this is a good way to show the world we can handle it, plus their beefing up security so it's more difficult to infiltrate. This opportunity is important to all students in U.A. it's not something we can cancel because of a few villains."

"That's right. The top heroes everywhere will be watching." Momo says. I can't remember if I did this already, but I think she should be assistant class rep instead of me for sure. Maybe I'll talk to her after class and see what she thinks..

"Yes that's why it matters. If you wanna become pro one day, it's the only opportunity. One chance a year, three chances in a lifetime. No aspiring hero should be slacking off on their training. Class dismissed." He finishes.

"Yes sir," we all say.

Is it strange that I kinda wanna become a hero?
——————

At lunch, everyone was in the classroom talking about how pumped they were for the festival.

"Yuki-chan, you might actually have a really good shot at winning. Your quirks are really powerful, and your costume and skill will get noticed quickly." Jirou says.

"Thanks." I reply, and try to think of something to say back. "Uh, I think your quirk is pretty cool too, it's good for sneaking around and stalling your opponent." I say truthfully.

"Thanks...I really hope I do good." She smiles, and goes back to talk to a group of people.

"Everyone, I'm gonna do my best!" Uraraka shouts.