Chapter 1: MADMAX

(Hey everyone! Chapter one is finally here! I know this book was supposed to be uploaded way sooner but I explained that in the intro. Anyway enjoy the first chapter of Symmetrical.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's Oct. 28, 1984, almost one year to the date of Will Byers' and Celeste Wheelers' vanishing, which took place on Nov. 6, 1983.

Three-hundred-and-fifty-two days have passed since Eleven disappeared with a poof. Almost a year for Barb's parents to wonder where she's gone.

For Joyce to hone her helicopter parenting techniques which sadly isn't going over well. But let's start at the very beginning shall we?

After Celeste and Will got home they felt as if finally things were going back to the way they were. Celeste was gathering her quarters getting ready to hangout with her friends at the arcade, when she felt a presence and turned to see her brother standing in the doorway.

"Hey, you almost ready?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, almost done." She replied.

Mike could see the sweat dripping down her forehead, she only ever got like this when she was nervous about something. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Mike, I'm okay."

"Don't lie to me sis, what's up?"

Celeste sighed knowing there was no way of avoiding her brother. Because he would keep pestering her about it.

And honestly she doesn't have time for it. "I'm just nervous Mike." She said.

He walked towards her and put his hand on her shoulder, "I know but you shouldn't be. Lucas, Dustin, and Will are gonna be there so you've got nothing to worry about."

She nodded and hugged him, "Yeah, okay."

Mike waved at his sister, "C'mon, let's go."

Celeste grabbed her quarters but Mike ran to Nancy's room and dashed past her down the stairs, and ran out the door hopping on his bike while Celeste was getting on her own bike riding after hearing Nancy yell. "A**hole!"

They got to the arcade meeting up with Dustin and Lucas seeing Will getting dropped off by Ms. Byers. Then headed inside going straight to  "Dragons Lair" once they got to the game Dustin took the first turn smashing the controls with all his might.

But soon was defeated after the dragon torched him, and and he cursed out. "No! No, no, no I hate this overpriced piece of bull crap!" And proceeded to kick the machine.

"Dustin! Cut it out, stop being a big baby." said Celeste.

"You're just not nimble enough but you'll get there one day until then, Princess Daphne is still mine." said Lucas.

"Whatever I'm still tops at Centipede and Dig Dug."

"You sure about that?" The kids turned to see Keith the manager of the arcade munching on cheese curls.

"Sure, about what?" Dustin asked.

Then they ran over to both of the games with shocked looks on their faces when they saw the scores. "No! No! No!" Dustin yelled.

Will exclaimed, "751,300 points!"

"That's impossible." said Mike.

"It's insane." said Celeste. They turned back to Keith who just stood there while Dustin was pissed. "Who's MADMAX?" He asked.

"Better than you." He replied.

In retaliation Dustin flipped him off and they proceeded to argue over the mysterious Dig Dug player. "You want information I need something in return." said Keith.