𝟎𝟑

Few days have passed, Y/N doesn't get what does the girl means from her last sentence before she's out of his sight again.

"Okay... I will contact you soon ."

Who is she, how is she going to contact me, how she gets the info?
All that doesn't matter to him currently as he on his laptop.

He stares at his laptop screen, emails, slides screen all over it.
"Man, I feel the laziest today.."
As he wants to lay down on the sofa and just nap, he's stopped by the sound of the door unlocking.

"We're back!" His parent is the ones happily wanting to hug Y/N, while he just dodges it. He isn't feeling comfortable receiving hugs after years of not seeing them.

"Sorry, not too comfortable with it." He apologies.
His parent coughs a bit before sitting down on the sofa.

"Y/N, we are sorry."
"You're a bright child, we both left you home since you're 7..", his mom nudges his dad's elbow. "I mean... We're sorry for that, you do know we were busy working hard for you to grow up healthy and happily.."

Y/N nods his head, he understands that it wasn't just simply taking care of a child. After all, he did babysit for others. He knows how naughty and loud children can be. But, he was only 7.

He was left alone, with no one with him that he could only ask for help from the grandma next door, who only moved in few days after his parents left.

"I understand dad, but I don't understand why. I was only 7, and now I'm 23. You guys weren't there when I started studying... Gotten scholarship, graduations. And now, both of you just come back after 16 years. 16 years... Without any contact, or letters at all in those years. To be honest, why did both of you come back?"

His parent held their head low, before taking a picture out. A picture of the girl he met a few days back.

His dad pointed at the picture of the girl, "you'll be marrying her a few months later

His dad pointed at the picture of the girl, "you'll be marrying her a few months later."

"Excuse me, what?" He looks at them dumbfounded.

"And Y/N. You're adopted."

----

When Y/N was 6, his adoptive dad was approached by his biological dad, Park Jinsi.
Y/N adopters were compensated with money and job overseas. It was all so sudden.

But thinking it will also a better life for Y/N, they accepted it.
They believed that Mr. Park will take good care of him.
If only they knew they were wrong.

For the old Park family, they would want to bring their biggest grandson back to the family and taking good care of him. But Jinsi denied it. To him, Y/N is nothing.

With no other choice, Y/N grandparents end up buying the apartment next to him, acting as kind strangers that's willing to take care of his needs.

As for young Y/N, he was grateful that he is still able to survive and someone caring for him without any motive. After all, who would hire a 7 years old kid who knows nothing about the world yet?

But other than that, he has to take care of himself.
Who will help him when he was getting bullied, getting made fun of with the name unwanted child? Having an adult looking at him oddly doesn't help much either.

Having the thoughts of just throwing his life away at that age often occurs.

--But hey, Y/N! You stayed strong!

----

Looking at his adopters while they finished explaining everything. Y/N sighs.

"So, the old couple living next door... Are my actual grandparent is what you're trying to say too."

They nod they head.

"And I'm adopted. That doesn't explain why I'm getting married to this lady in a few months."

They exchanged a few glances, "well... They did attend some of your school projects all sorts of stuff and taken some photos to remember your achievements. Which they showed off to their friends.."

"And they think you're at the age of marriage too, so... They have been sharing your profile to another family that they think it's worthy of. "

They gulp, before continuing.
"And this lady is one of the family, Mr. Jinsi had already agreed to their request of this marriage.. "

" What the fuck? "

" Languages, young man."