𝟐𝟑

Instead of helping out on the second day of her work, Minjoo already dazes out after an hour of work.

She may look she's really clueless about how the outside world works, but she still someone born from a wealthy family

She may look she's really clueless about how the outside world works, but she still someone born from a wealthy family. What she needs to know, she knows.  Yes, Y/N did cover her ears, but that doesn't mean she won't be able to hear anything at all. She heard it, everything.

Minjoo felt a tap on her shoulder that brought her back from her thoughts and sees Hyewon sit down on the empty seat in front of her.

They both just stare at each other, until Hyewon breaks the silence.

"So what's bothering you? It's unusual for you...to space out?"

Minjoo sigh, she doesn't really know too. Is it what Y/N said? Or was it the uneasiness she felt after Y/N dropped her off.

"Y/N is planning something, isn't it? Or should I said, he planned something since long ago."  She looks straight into Hyewon's eyes, which she hopes she could find something just based on it.

But she didn't, Hyewon kept her cool. " That's not something you should ask me, you should ask him yourself. If he trusts you, he will tell you if you ask." She leans forward, lifting Minjoo chin. "But I hope you won't." Then she pokes Minjoo cheek, "cause that will be hella long story." She showed Minjoo her cheeky smile, and immediately continue with her work in the cafe.

Minjoo doesn't mind the long story, but if she asks, will he answer?

Is there any point continuing all of this, where she have decided to live for herself?

She noticed it's only for the first few days, she's already slowly attracts to him without knowing him much.

----

Y/N was led to the study room by a male keeper, guess that female keeper was fired. He knocked on the door a few times before going in.

He closes the door that's behind him, all he heard next was just a few simple words. "You're here, take a sit."
Y/N just looks at him, who sitting behind the desk places both his hand on the table. As if they will be having a serious talk. Well, they might.

"I don't think we will be having a long talk, so I will just stand." 

"... Indeed. I could have just pushes my misjudgment blame to you without a talk. " His father closes his eyes and smirk.

"That is if they believe you."  Y/N replied coldly. "From what I know, you invested in the project that got you right now was way before you even decided to find me. The information sure is very detailed in those articles."

"..." He continues to listen with his eyes shut.

"And you, whom I never met in my whole life decided
to come into a few days back and telling me you're my father, with a business agreement you had with others.
To say it badly, you only decided to find me because of the deal. And what makes you think, making me taking all the blame won't make them cancel the marriage? Will they want a son-in-law like that? No matter how much their daughter will like me? "

Indeed, Kim's family dotes their children a lot but doesn't mean they will accept any kind of person their child wants.

".. If my company going down with this, the marriage won't continue too, might as well just sacrifice you."

" Making me the scapegoat, won't benefit you either way.  Your company still going down."

He slams his hand on the table.
"I won't go down just from this! If only I manage to reach the other landholder that I could switch plot to let this project ongoing..."

Y/N sigh, "Which land?"
Jinsi looked at him coldly, thinking even if he told Y/N about it what can he do about it.

"You did background check on me before, obviously you do know I have a bit of connection." He shakes his head, but not like he really intended to help. He just wants to know what is it, and get it before this man did.

"Seems like you don't require it, I shall take my leave then."

His father stood up from his seat and sigh, "you will know it,  go to the company tomorrow."

Y/N leaves without any comment, immediately comes face to face with his grandparent. He politely bows and continues to move. He doesn't have much anger on them as much as he have for his father, he didn't forget the help, and maybe a small bit of affection.

'Sigh, so he wants me to work in the company to know? Fuck.
I just increase my own workload didn't I? '