Part 18

Have I mentioned how much I hate mornings? The sun in my eyes, the removal of the warm blanket, the leaving of happy dreams... Happy dreams why did that sound wrong? My eyes snapped open and I grabbed my head with the palms of my hands over my eyes. 'Why did I do that?' I thought to myself as I struggled to sit up.

"Whoa there", Emily said, trying to push me back down.

"Emily? What are you doing here? Is Sune alright?", now I knew I had to get up and check on things.

"Relax, everyone is good. Please lay back down and let me get you some food and drink." Emily said, moving away while muttering about 'how hard-headed I am and how everyone needed to calm down and let me recover before jumping up and...'

"You know I can hear you muttering about me, right?" I asked with an arm still hiding my eyes.

"Don't care, it's the truth." She said, returning with both hands full. "Come on I'll help ya sit up and then ya can eat. Only when you eat enough to make me happy will I let anyone in '', she sounded so confident when she said that.

I hid a smile because my wolf had already alerted me that several of the tribe were outside the door and ready to break it down to see me. Instead of calling her bluff I ate all the broth and drank several cups of the tea she brought me. When I was done I politely asked to see who was at the door. "No, you need your rest. Whatever it is, it can wait till tomorrow." She informed me while helping me lay back down.

"That not what aw say. Aw say eat the..." I could no longer focus, in the back of my mind, I realized she had drugged me but neither my wolf -- who was tummy up and snoring-- or I seemed to care.

Once again my old nemesis and I faced off but this time I had more energy and after a good long stretch I remembered not to eat anything Emily gave me. "Good Morning, Bo. How are you feeling this morning?" Emily said as she began to gather up bowls and cups full of my breakfast.

"Yer not gonna knock me out." This was not a question but an order. I was so tired of having people drug me.

"No, if you weren't so stubborn then it wouldna been necessary", she said looking me over.

"Sure, blame the patient", I replied, taking up the broth and drinking it down. "Ya know this is much better without the drugs", I told her to be a smartass.

"Wanna in that. Was in the tea." She smarted back, sticking her tongue out at me.

I returned the facial expression and moved to get out of bed. "Come here, please." I requested.

She hurried over and helped me stand, "How ya feelin'?"

"Better than I thought I would. Can you call everyone together, I only want to say this once and everyone can ask their questions. I also want to be outside and sit in the sun." I asked her.

"You, in the morning sun? The shock may kill them all." She grinned at me poking fun at my reputation as a morning hater.

Again I did the adult thing and stuck my tongue out at her. Though she missed it as was helping me move at the time.

"Otetiani and the others will be here soon. In the meantime rest and enjoy the morning sun", she says smiling at me.

I must have dozed off because when I opened my eyes there was a large group milling about and the sun was now high in the sky. Moving slowly to stretch I caught everyone's attention. "Ah, sleeping beauty has awakened without the fair prince's kiss", Otetiani's voice cut the sudden silence.

"Who needs a prince when I have my family", I quipped back.

Moving to my side he softly picked me up and hugged me tightly. "You must stop doing this. I am an old male and do not need this much excitement in my life."