chapter twenty-three

Makala Bay Smith 😼😻:

"You wanna come with me to Shanice house?" My dad asked me and Aaliyah

"Now who the hell is that?" Aaliyah asked.

"My homegirl." He answered. "Y'all stayed with her for a while."

"Who all gone be there?" I asked.

"Her bad ass kids, and some of they had ass friends." He told me.

"I wanna go." I said. We sat around for a while until we decided to get into the car and drive over there.

"Let me sit in the front." Aaliyah pushes me out the way and I mugged her. I sat in the back because I didn't have time to argue with her at the moment.

We finally got to the house and I saw some kids outside playing basketball. We all got out the car and I saw my dad check to see if his gun was loaded and he could pull it out if he needed to.

I saw her son Damien playing basketball with some kids and her daughter Nia was sitting on the steps with her friends. They're actually very cool people and I fuck with them but I haven't talked to them since August, because something always go down when I'm over here.

First time Shanice had an argument with her brother girlfriend who she did not like, who also turned out to be cheating on him, so I'm not mad. Then some guy had stole Shanice car and her brother had fought the dude who stole it, because he had seen it when he went to the store.

"You can not make a shot for shit Damien." My dad laughed.

"Fuck you." He shot the ball again only to miss, again.

"You tall, you soupposed to be good at basketball." My dad said.

"Nia, get you momma!" He yelled at his daughter. She went next door to where her grandma stay since I'm pretty sure, Shanice is over there. I looked back and saw Aaliyah smiling and stuff at her phone.

"I feel akward as shit here, I don't know these people." I said to my dad as we waited for Shanice.

"If you wasn't antisocial you would know these folks." He said to me and I just rolled my eyes.

I'm not about to walk up to these random ass kids I don't know shit about. Plus one of them got on a red bandanna and I don't wanna get shot.

Shanice walked out with a drink in her hand and her daughter was right beside us. She said hey to my dad, and hugged me and Aaliyah before going back to her friends.

"Makala, where the hell you come from?" She asked and I laughed. I hugged her and she handed all of us a drink.

We hung out outside for a while until me and Aaliyah got invited inside because we were just sitting outside not doing shit, until she decided to go outside and get something out the car.

"Them kids outside got water guns." Aaliyah stated as she walked back in the house, sitting back on the couch with me. Then about three of them ran inside wet as fuck and screaming. I wanna be involved in this water gun fight, but at the same time I don't.

"I swear if one of they asses would have sprayed me we would have been fighting." Aaliyah said. I looked over at my dad and he was drinking something and laughing with everybody else at the table. I swear he an alcoholic sometimes.

My dad and Shanice started arguing about how she owed him money but he wasn't taking it.

"I'm not taking that shit, give it to Kala." He said and she walked over and gave it to me and I didn't ask no questions and just put it my pocket.

I was really bored and just chilling on my phone. I don't know why I agreed to come here, come to think of it, why we never throw party's at our house. Then people would have to come up to me since it's my house.

"Mom, they shooting next door." Damien came in and told his Shanice.

This dude on the couch and his mom quickly went out there. Who the hell is shooting?

"So they just gonna go outside." My dad said and me and Aaliyah busted out laughing, before everybody still in the house.

"Only real niggas stay inside." This lady at the table added.

"For real though, who the fuck goes outside because somebody shooting, if y'all don't duck y'all ass down and wait until they stop." Aaliyah said.

"Real niggas wait til' they stop shooting and dip out this bitch." My dad said. "Aliyah and Kala, we leaving in a lil bit." Thank god cause I was tired of being here.

"Them bad ass lil kids still here, they probably the ones that got the shooting started." The lady at the table said again before going outside. I think her kids out there.

We finally got up and left because my dad didn't wanna get shot up. "We finna head out." My dad told Shanice and she hugged us all and left.

this chapter lazy and all but i just wanted to update since I haven't in a while. sorry for any mistakes but just ignore them.