Chapter 9 - Secrets

Jin went to JK's room to hear his version of the story. 

He had to knock several times before JK opened the door, looking very tired and hung-over in his pyjamas. 

"Jin, what's up?" JK yawned. 

"Can I come in?" Jin said.  

JK stood aside letting Jin into his room. JK went to the sofa and sat down. He took the nearest pillow and started hugging it. 

He looked at Jin obstinately, as if he knew what it was about and he was prepared to defend himself. 

Jin sat down.

"JK, I heard something about yesterday evening. You shouldn't drink like that, you know. You loose your judgement." Jin said. 

"I wanted to get drunk." JK said looking down at the table. 

"That might be so, but behaving like that, you risk too much, JK." 

"If I can't be with Tae it doesn't matter anyway. Nothing matters." 

"Yes it does!" Jin said decidedly hitting his hand on the table. "It matters anyway! You might think it doesn't matter to you, but it matters to us. We care about you and we matter. So promise me you will not make out with a boy in the bar again, JK! Not while you're in this school."

JK looked up at Jin. 

He knew Jin was right of course, but he didn't want to admit that what he had done was really stupid. 

"Whatever. If you say so, mummy." JK said sarcastically.

"I am NOT your mummy." Jin said. "Or very well, maybe I am, if that makes you obey me."

JK almost smiled at Jin. 

Jin was such a cutie, acting like the mother of this music project group, coming to tell his kid to behave. Of course JK would obey him.

---

"How did Tae take it?" Yoongi asked Jimin the same evening when Jimin was back from Tae, sitting on the sofa in Yoongi's room. 

"Badly. I had to comfort him for some time afterwards." Jimin said. 

"So that's why it took you so long?"

"Yeah, he wanted me to stay with him for a while. I gave him some massage, he was really tense. He had been crying a lot this weekend, looking at old pictures of him and JK." Jimin told Yoongi.

"That's sad. Hope the massage helped." Yoongi said trying to hide the jealousy from his voice.

"I'll give you a massage now if you like, and you'll see how it helps." Jimin said winking at Yoongi. 

"Oh, I'd like that a lot, pretty boy." Yoongi said and lay down on the bed.  

Jimin went over to the bed and started to massage Yoongis neck and shoulders. 

Then he took Yoongis shirt off, kissed him between the shoulder blades and started to massage his back. 

Yoongi moaned with pleasure and Jimin felt all was okey between them for now.

---

A few days later Jimin was unexpectedly approached at the end of the school day by JK's cute friend. 

He wanted to talk. 

It was obvious he didn't want Yoongi to hear what he had to say, so Jimin had to come alone. Yoongi looked a bit suspicious, but walked off not saying anything.

"Yoongi, I'll call you, OK?" Jimin said to his back.

"Jimin, before I tell you what I have to tell you," the cute boy said. "I want you to know I really tried to stop JK from drinking that much on Saturday. He refused to listen and I couldn't do anything. I just want you to know."

"I am sure you tried. I don't blame you." Jimin said. 

"Thanks. I wouldn't want you to think I had anything to do with it." 

"I don't think for a moment that you enjoyed seeing JK make out with some boy in the bar." Jimin said. 

"No, I didn't. Not at all." he said. "But now to the important thing I have to say. It is about Tae."

Then the cute boy told Jimin how he had seen Tae meet a girl in the city the previous week. 

He had done some investigating concerning this girl and it seemed that there was going to be an arranged marriage between her and a man who was – probably – Tae. 

Jimin was shocked.

He had suspected that Tae was hiding something, but he would never have guessed it was something as strange as this. 

Was Tae really planning to marry a girl he didn't know just to help his parents pretend they had a son who was heterosexual? 

Was there no end to things Jimin had to worry about?

Jimin and the cute boy agreed to find out more. Jimin promised to talk to Tae when he found the right moment. 

The cute boy promised to continue investigating the girl in question. 

They agreed to keep in touch by text message and keep it all a secret until they knew more.

"Yoongi, where are you?" Jimin asked on the phone. 

"I'm in the music studio, with Hobi." Yoongi said. 

"With Hobi, huh?" Jimin commented.

"Yeah, I just said that, didn't I? What did that boy want with you anyway, Jimin?"

"I am really sorry Yoongi, but I can't tell you that. He was worried about something and wanted my help. But I can't tell you what it is." 

"Okey, keep your secrets then." Yoongi said sulking. 

"When'll you be back home?" Jimin asked. 

"Not sure. Don't wait up. I might be late." 

"I see. Okay. Just send me a text if you want me to come over to your room when you get back, alright?" Jimin said a bit disappointed. 

"Have to go now, Hobi needs me." Yoongi said. 

Jimin hung up. 

Fucking Hobi needs you. What about me then?