Chapter 4: Weaklings? Perhaps

Inosuke's POV

After that terrible day of detention, I fell onto the dorm's main couch and just passed out. What I heard from that Aoi girl about the bet thing and love... it was... interesting, to say the least. I can't believe that I'm saying this but... she's weak. Her attitude was so strong that even I could be feared by her. But physically, she's weak. Can't even beat us at the track thing. Pathetic.

"Ah, you're back from that detention?" Tanbiko asks as he approached us. "Hopefully that taught you a lesson to not deviate from the school rules."

Zenitsu grumbles, taking a seat on the couch facing towards me. "Oi.. don't get to us like that, Tanjiro. I knew we were trouble by the time I heard her walking up to our dorms. Tell me about it, I could hear the steam puffing out of her ears. But all the trouble aside, she was kinda cute..."

"Cute?! Zenitsu, from everything that you've been in- all you can think of is that she's cute?!"

"Why wouldn't I?" 

I scowled, trying to get that Aoi girl out of my mind. Even though she was weak in her arms and legs, her mind was frightening. Still, it wasn't enough to put me in such a whimpering state. Still... those blue eyes did seem threatening to all. If I didn't see how well she does physically, then I would have succumbed to her rule.

"Because maybe flirting around with some girls isn't the best way to go! Zenitsu, at least have some decency!"

"Oh, because you can get girls faster because you're decent?!"

"I'm not gonna go further than that, Zenitsu. Don't be such an idiot like that." Tanbiko walked off, leaving Zenpazi alone with me. Of course, he started to scream. Thankfully they all knew that I was in charge of all the screaming. King of Screams.

*   *   *

Aoi's POV

"It seems that there's no hope for them- especially those two boys, Hashira Shinobu." I say, thinking about that detention time. "At least the Kamados are well-behaved and I can handle those siblings. They at least listen to the rules."

She smiles softly, chuckling a bit. "Well, you do put the fear into them. I wouldn't ask you to be nicer, though I don't think they would instantly change. Change takes time. Just like a butterfly's metamorphosis. How much time it takes from a caterpillar to a butterfly. They are caterpillars, Aoi. Guide them well onto the right path."

"Seems more like worms to me."

"Aoi, practice patience." Then she dismissed me off to the girls' dorms. 

Even walking towards the dorms, I could hear some sort of screaming from the boys' dorms. Honestly, they were gonna alert security and then they would all have to serve up another day's worth of detention. I rolled my eyes, shaking my head about it. 

Tucking myself into bed, my mind was too active for me to even take a rest. Those boys were never leaving my mind. As much as I scowled at the thought of even thinking about them, my face rested into a peaceful expression. I don't know what rocked me to sleep that night, but I'm sure it was one of those boys. Which one, that I don't know.