Chapter 10: Chrysalis

Inosuke's POV

Everyone was setting up for the silly dance tonight. Tanbako was dressed in a light green suit with his sister by his side. Apparently, he was gonna go with an actual date instead of his own little sister. Bah, whatever. Even Zenzizu was wearing a suit. Thankfully, he doesn't even have a date. And here I am, staying right at home in the dorms.

"And just what are you doing?" Tanbako shouted at me with his hands on his hips. He wasn't necessarily angry at me... but he was staring at me with such a murderous glare. "You're not staying here."

"Well, Mom, I don't care about some dance. Besides, I'm not the only one not going." I scoffed and scowled at Tanbako. "There's no fun in going to a dance. Go and have fun- it's pretty ridiculous if I'm honest. No one really cares about a dance."

Zenzizu sighed, scratching his head. "Come on, go out, alright? We can all hang out as friends. Maybe even hang out at the snack bar."

"Hah- no way."

"Maybe there will be that cute Butterfly Girl- what was her name...? Kanao...?" 

"Aoi?" Seconds passed when I realized... I said her name! Squeezing my eyes shut, I can't believe I mentioned her name- especially out loud! How weak of me to admit that again- especially in front of those weakling boys.

There was a loud snap, "That's right- Aoi! I bet she's there, because she's definitely in charge of the dance. Come on, join us."

Scowling more, I sighed heavily. I gave in- weakened down. "Ughh... fine! But don't take this as a success to you guys- I'm coming as my own free word!"

"You mean... coming with us of your own free will?" Tanboko tilted his head with his eyes seeming to go dull. "Anyways, you need to get dressed. This is a fancy dance- fancy, you hear? That means not going in with just your pants!"

"Hah?! But it gets too hot there! No! I refuse!"

Somehow, they managed to stuff me into a suit. I don't know how I survived the pain of the tuxedo suit. Then they proceeded to ruin my life by telling me to leave the boar mask behind. No matter how much I rejected that idea, they managed to get it away from me. Isolated it away to who knows where. How much torture must they get me into?!

*   *   *

Aoi's POV

"Um... girls... you sure it's good? I feel this is overdoing it..." I began to complain as Kanao, Sumi, Kiyo, and Naho helped fit me into this weird dress. Apparently, Hashira Shinobu had given a suggestion for a dress for me to wear. They bought it without telling me- even measured me when I slept! "I-I don't think this'll work..."

Sumi stepped back, clasping her hands together. "Ah, Aoi, it looks so beautiful."

"Huh?"

Naho also stepped back and was uncovering a nearby mirror. "Take a look, Aoi, and see yourself in your beautiful dress! Of course Hashira Shinobu has great taste for you!" I turned and just... what in the world was I in...?

The black dress reached to my knees, and was very graceful. When I turned from side to side, I felt a small gust of air flowing between my legs. A dark blue sash fell over the black dress- and it was fitting for me... in a way. Though it was just a sash, some different shades of blue began to sparkle. The sleeves carried itself down my arms, ending at my wrists. The girls had my hair down, and I saw that they put this dark blue butterfly tiara on my head- thanks to Hashira Shinobu.

"Well?" Kiyo giggles softly, "Don't you look stunning?"

"You'll blast every guy off their feet!" Naho smiles softly.