chapter seventeen

Night came and the party begins with the neighboring packs arriving with twos.
Alphas and their Luna  walking beside them and a few guards .

Looking through my window is actually a site to behold as I saw some of them  came with their  princess immediately I know why.
They all hoped  that their daughter become my bride and the Luna of the strongest pack in the whole of Europe .

Am still having that feelings that things will go wrong but after talking with Rom who came to my room few minutes ago , he assured me that everything will be fine but still I can't shake off that feelings.

When the time came for my father to announce my present, he climbed the podium .
I welcome you all to this party, I thank those who left their pack and all the war that is going on to attend this party tonight to witness my son and the hair to this pack turned eighteen  and also to witness the new Luna to the forest pack, please make yourself comfortable .

I checked my time as the clock struck 12 and saw my father standing up again to announce my birthday,  I walked to the stage with a standing ovation from the crowd, everybody cheered up and gunshots could be heard somewhere in the pack.

While the pack celebrate my birthday , I waited to Smell the amazing scent that comes when one find his or her mate , I wonder what she will smell like but nevertheless I will like her still but I could perceive nothing, I guess my action made the people to focus on me again, I realise that they are  me now waiting for me to follow the direction of my mate scent but nothing happened , I walked towards the people trying to check if I can smell it a little but nothing .

I went back to the stage after going around the pack to know if I can find the scent but nothing came, I saw the look of disbelief on my parents face and then it hit me.

I don't have a mate, the pain became unbearable , I feel the worst emotions I have never felt before, my worst fear has come , I know something dose not fit right tonight and now that I have confirm it,  I felt my heart breaking into pieces, I noticed Rom dragging me out of the podium ,I try to look at my parents one more time but I saw my father holding my mom so tightly consoling her ,preventing her from making a scene, I wonder what the people think maybe they taught I have find my mate and could not handle the feelings because they find out the strongest pack is going to be without Luna, I don't want to be a weak alpha  so I allowed Rom to hold me.

He helped me to my room and removing my jacket I felt the pain again, is as  a part of me have been cut off from me making me so empty and angry with the moon goddess for punishing me with the most cruel punishment ever in history.