Chapter 1

*Alison's POV*

"Ali! Guess what, honey?!" my mother yelled as she came into our house with her boyfriend, Dan.

"What happened, mom?" I asked her from my comfortable spot on the couch.

She ran into the living room, where I was, and grinned hugely at me. "Dan proposed! Can you believe it?! We're getting married next summer! Oh goodness, there's so much to plan!"

"Oh, that's great, Mom! I'm happy for you two." I smiled and got up to hug both my mom and Dan, who would become my step-father soon. As I hugged Dan, I whispered to him, "Please take care of her."

Dan smiled at me and whispered back, "Always. Now you won't have to stay here and take care of her. Go travel the world like you've always wanted to do."

I smiled at him again. That's why I like Dan more than the other boyfriends my mom had. This man actually understood us and would take care of us no matter what while the other guys practically used my mom. I didn't like them at all, but my mother was completely oblivious about them.

"Ali? Dan and I are going to go start planning everything now, aren't we Daniel?" my mom said giving Dan a stern look saying he wouldn't be getting out of the planning.

He looked at her and said, "Yes, ma'am." As soon as she turned to walk in the kitchen, Dan turned to me and mouthed, 'Help me!' I just grinned at him and shrugged before going upstairs.

Once I was in my bedroom, I walked into my bathroom and hopped in the shower. I got out and dried my hair and then put it up in a messy bun. Then i pulled on a pair of black sweatpants that I had written 'One Direction' on in red puffy paint. I also put on a white tank top and then grabbed my laptop and booted it up. After it turned on, i logged into Twitter to see what was going on. I had a One Direction fangirl account but not a personal one, because I didn't really have any friends here. There wasn't really anyone that I had connected with since my mom and I had moved here just last year from New York. We were always moving around from place to place because Mom couldn't stay in one place too long. I wanted to be able to move somewhere, settle down for a while and travel around every so often.

'Hmm.. Maybe because mom has Dan now, then I could move out without having to worry about her,' I thought. I decided I would ask mom about it later, but she would have to tell me who my father is because I really want to go move in with him actually. He's never once contacted me or noticed my existence on this planet, but I still want to see him and get to know him. I have a right to know who my father is.

After listening to some One Direction music, because they are my favorite band ever, for a little while, I shut my laptop and turned my bedroom light off and went to sleep dreaming about meeting my dad.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I woke up to the aroma of coffee being made. That really surprised me because my mom was never usually awake this early and I always had to make the coffee. Either mom or Dan must've gotten up early and started making the coffee. I got up out of bed and walked downstairs, not caring how I looked at the moment. I came close to the kitchen and heard voices talking. One was mom and one was Dan, but there was one other that I couldn't identify, but I knew it was a man's voice.

I shuffled into the kitchen and looked at the table to see mom and Dan talking to Simon Cowell, but stopped when they saw me. I walked over to get a cup of coffee and then stopped. I slowly turned around to look at Simon Cowell. "Mom, what is Simon Cowell doing in our kitchen?" I calmly asked her.

My mother nervously looked from Simon to me and then said, "Well, uh, honey, Simon is your father."